Swervies t-shirts
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

adivines
Assistant Driver

146 Posts

Posted - 02/25/2017 :  07:53:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Blimey, if people are willing to spend that kind of money on old t-shirts I think I need to clear my cupboards out-

http://www.defunkd.com/search/result/includes/tags/keyword/swervedriver

First one is a bootleg. As everyone on here will know, that is not the line up of the band that toured the 'Mezcalhead' album. Plus, Adam tells me that they did not play in Australia during 1993. I'm very curious about the provenance of this one.

The second one may be legit but if so its a later re-issue. The original run did not have any copyright and licencing text.

jamesg

USA
1255 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2017 :  11:14:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just pulled my kts shirt out that I got at the booth when ya'll toured raise in Columbia SC I think. It's giant brand but no license info.

Wonder what my drawer of old swervie shirts would fetch... I think the guys got a kick out of the old squirt gun shirt last time around.
Go to Top of Page

Mike
Assistant Driver

USA
451 Posts

Posted - 02/28/2017 :  05:46:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cool shirt, never seen that pic of the Swervies. Adi, do you recall where and when that was taken? The car is badass, nice touch. Oh who is the 'drummer'?
Go to Top of Page

adivines
Assistant Driver

146 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2017 :  10:02:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mike

Cool shirt, never seen that pic of the Swervies. Adi, do you recall where and when that was taken? The car is badass, nice touch. Oh who is the 'drummer'?

It was taken somewhere in the USA during the Soundgarden tour, part of a photo session that was for Melody Maker. In fact I think this one may have been used on the front cover of MM when the feature was published. The drummer is Danny Ingram, who rode in to our rescue when Graham left during the first US tour earlier the same year.
Go to Top of Page

adivines
Assistant Driver

146 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2017 :  10:11:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Here you go-

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/MELODY-MAKER-MAY-16-1992-ISSUE-L7-THE-LEVELLERS-SWERVEDRIVER-FUGAZI-/252751675525?hash=item3ad92c8085:g:BAwAAOxylpNTQsfh
Go to Top of Page

Mike
Assistant Driver

USA
451 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2017 :  08:13:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Adi, that photo would make for a great poster. So this show: 1992 at Club Babyhead https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ffcL24WrWgg

Is that Graham on the drums and Dan Davis in the photo??
Go to Top of Page

adivines
Assistant Driver

146 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2017 :  02:44:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Thanks Adi, that photo would make for a great poster. So this show: 1992 at Club Babyhead https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ffcL24WrWgg

Is that Graham on the drums and Dan Davis in the photo??

Yes, that is Graham on the recording but the chap in the photo is Paddy (Patrick Pultzer) who was the first Swervedriver drummer as well as being the drummer in Shake Appeal.

I don't think we ever did any photos with Dan Davis/Morgan, as he was only ever filling in temporarily and therefore only played four shows with us (Toronto, Detroit, Chicago and Minneapolis). There is video footage of him with us in Detroit around somewhere.
Go to Top of Page

Mike
Assistant Driver

USA
451 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2017 :  04:56:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Who's on the skins for this show: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6eddazRXuA

Town Pump in Vancouver, British Columbia on February 6th, 1992

Thanks again
Go to Top of Page

adivines
Assistant Driver

146 Posts

Posted - 03/14/2017 :  2:31:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Who's on the skins for this show: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6eddazRXuA

Town Pump in Vancouver, British Columbia on February 6th, 1992

Thanks again

That's Danny Ingram. His first gig with us, actually.
Go to Top of Page

Mike
Assistant Driver

USA
451 Posts

Posted - 03/14/2017 :  2:54:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you again. Two more questions mate, you are after all the best source of information...

Any Chance you/we could digitize all the SWD cassettes you have? And of course give us a listen.

And asking out of concern, is everything OK with Mr Steve George?

Thanks dude
Go to Top of Page

adivines
Assistant Driver

146 Posts

Posted - 03/16/2017 :  07:35:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Any Chance you could digitize all the SWD cassettes you have?

Eventually, yes. But waaaay too busy with other stuff for a while.

quote:

And asking out of concern, is everything OK with Mr Steve George?

An odd question. I am not privy to Steve's personal affairs but I wouldn't discuss them even if I was.

Edited by - adivines on 03/16/2017 07:39:02 AM
Go to Top of Page

Mike
Assistant Driver

USA
451 Posts

Posted - 03/16/2017 :  09:40:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Adi. Yea I was just wondering about Steve where he didn't do the tour for the new LP. Thought you, being part of the SWD collective, would know him.

And I'm sorry, that was an odd question. But really nothing at all in relation to you both being Bass players. Now I added a new level of strangeness...

Meanwhile on the Ozric Tentacles forum...
Go to Top of Page

adivines
Assistant Driver

146 Posts

Posted - 03/17/2017 :  02:54:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Thanks Adi. Yea I was just wondering about Steve where he didn't do the tour for the new LP.

I believe that Steve has a career and other comittments outside of music and was therefore not available to tour. You'd probably be best asking that question on the Swervedriver facebook page, to be honest, there are folk on there with much more info that I may have.

quote:

Thought you, being part of the SWD collective, would know

Not really. My extent of being involved in the 'SWD collective' involves bumping into Sprouts or Jimmy on a social level once every few years! For example, I went out for a couple of pints with Spouts in Oxford last spring, that was the first time I had seen either of them since 2012.
Go to Top of Page

Mike
Assistant Driver

USA
451 Posts

Posted - 03/17/2017 :  08:07:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Spouts. I have to ask, lol. Story to the nickname? Thanks for the info on Steve, I missed him last tour. Wish I could have been in Boston, or Providence, in 1992 to see you and Graham. Didn't hear Raise till summer of that year. Got the recordings though! I saw SWD for the first time at Babyhead(Providence) in Jan of 1994.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Swervedriver Discussion Forums © swervedriver Go To Top Of Page
thispagewasswervedrivenin0.11seconds. Snitz Forums 2000