Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 149

Eugene
Petroleum Spirit

USA
1640 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2007 :  8:45:59 PM  Show Profile  Visit Eugene's Homepage  Click to see Eugene's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
The Fray-How to Save a Life and Del Shannon-Runaway

"Where did I go wrong, I lost a friend somewhere along in the bitterness, but I stayed up with you all night did I know how to save a life?"

Deep pain now brothers...some deaths of family and friends. this song seemed poignant. And...I heard it in the airport in Montreal earlier today...

www.eugenebenjamin.com

Edited by - Eugene on 05/08/2007 9:16:18 PM
Go to Top of Page

boomer0127
Petroleum Spirit

USA
1443 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2007 :  05:50:36 AM  Show Profile  Visit boomer0127's Homepage  Send boomer0127 an AOL message  Send boomer0127 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Today - "Just this way" by the Laybacks off Croz's WAB5 (local)

Appropriate for the walking part of my commute.

Sorry for your loss, Eugene.

http://boomer0127.googlepages.com/home
http://www.last.fm/user/boomer0127
Go to Top of Page

interloper
Son of Swervedriver

USA
3331 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2007 :  07:34:13 AM  Show Profile  Send interloper a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I second that....condolences Geno...

Today - Deep Purple Fireball

Go to Top of Page

Jeronimo
Son of Swervedriver

USA
2067 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2007 :  6:45:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey Uncle Eugene. Sorry to hear that. Send me a line if you need to type some sorrow away.

I always liked "The Mule" and "No,No,No" off Fireball.

I heard a great Purple song a couple weeks ago. "Rat tat Man" or "Fat Rat Man"...I can't remember the bloody name!!!!!

Cheap Trick- "California Man"

We ride the warp of space into the womb of night.
Go to Top of Page

rocket

USA
3545 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2007 :  7:10:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

I'm sorry to hear that news Eugene.

s_w__e___r____v_____e______d_______r________i_________v___________e_____________r

www.myspace.com/blueshiftkc

http://blueshift-kc.bandcamp.com/
Go to Top of Page

boomer0127
Petroleum Spirit

USA
1443 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2007 :  7:50:36 PM  Show Profile  Visit boomer0127's Homepage  Send boomer0127 an AOL message  Send boomer0127 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Hudson Bell - "Slow Burn" off When the Sun is the Moon

and

Deerhunter - The title track off Cryptograms

Go to Top of Page

Brooks
Assistant Driver

USA
452 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2007 :  07:19:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sorry to hear that Geno, my condolences also.

Consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds.
Go to Top of Page

interloper
Son of Swervedriver

USA
3331 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2007 :  4:14:40 PM  Show Profile  Send interloper a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jeronimo

I heard a great Purple song a couple weeks ago. "Rat tat Man" or "Fat Rat Man"...I can't remember the bloody name!!!!!

Cheap Trick- "California Man"

Might be Rat Bat Blue. Oh yeah, that's a good one.

California Man kills.

Speaking of Deep Purple, I just got around to checking out Stormbringer. Oh man does it SUCK. It actually sounds like Spinal Tap. Fuckin' Coverdale....

Edited by - interloper on 05/10/2007 4:18:23 PM
Go to Top of Page

Eugene
Petroleum Spirit

USA
1640 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2007 :  08:11:34 AM  Show Profile  Visit Eugene's Homepage  Click to see Eugene's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the support, brothas...it was just such a sudden and sad time, then seeing folks I had not seen in years at the funeral. Kinda hit me all at once. Sorry for even hauling that in here.

www.eugenebenjamin.com
Go to Top of Page

hayseed
Driving Instructor

USA
765 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2007 :  11:40:37 AM  Show Profile  Visit hayseed's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Eugene

Thanks for the support, brothas...it was just such a sudden and sad time, then seeing folks I had not seen in years at the funeral. Kinda hit me all at once. Sorry for even hauling that in here.

Strength in numbers, Geno. No need to be alone with any of this. My condolences.

If life is but a dream, wake me.

Go to Top of Page

hayseed
Driving Instructor

USA
765 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2007 :  11:50:40 AM  Show Profile  Visit hayseed's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Today,

Moveable - Helicopter, Helicopter

Go to Top of Page

interloper
Son of Swervedriver

USA
3331 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2007 :  1:35:50 PM  Show Profile  Send interloper a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

No need to be sorry for that man. That stuff is never easy.

Go to Top of Page

Brooks
Assistant Driver

USA
452 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2007 :  9:34:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Why wouldn't you bring it here? You're family! Peace to you!

Tonight it's Dolly Dagger - Hendrix

Go to Top of Page

interloper
Son of Swervedriver

USA
3331 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2007 :  04:40:56 AM  Show Profile  Send interloper a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Dolly Dagger...nice. Speaking of, I just caught the making of E Ladyland last night on VH1 classic. Love that channel.

Today,

Motorhead - Iron Fist!

Go to Top of Page

Brooks
Assistant Driver

USA
452 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2007 :  5:42:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by interloper

Dolly Dagger...nice. Speaking of, I just caught the making of E Ladyland last night on VH1 classic. Love that channel.

Today,

Motorhead - Iron Fist!

....and I was watching the same thing last night. It was either right before or right after the special they played a modern dayish video for Dolly, hence my song of the day last night!

On a side note, I finally picked up Faust IV today, been meaning to grab it for ages. Only been able to listen to Krautrock so far, but dig what I've heard. Loper, you may have to come up with some future Krautrock recomendations for me!

Go to Top of Page

hayseed
Driving Instructor

USA
765 Posts

Posted - 05/13/2007 :  09:03:39 AM  Show Profile  Visit hayseed's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Today,

Everlong - Foo Fighters

Shuffle played this while I was working out yesterday and I havent been able to get it out of my head since. One of the greatest rock songs of the 90s.

Go to Top of Page

rocket

USA
3545 Posts

Posted - 05/13/2007 :  7:54:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

"Everlong" is my favorite Foo Fighters song to date!

Today...
BRMC - "American X"
off - Baby 81

s_w__e___r____v_____e______d_______r________i_________v___________e_____________r

Go to Top of Page

interloper
Son of Swervedriver

USA
3331 Posts

Posted - 05/14/2007 :  05:54:25 AM  Show Profile  Send interloper a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Brooks

quote:

Today,

Motorhead - Iron Fist!

....and I was watching the same thing last night. It was either right before or right after the special they played a modern dayish video for Dolly, hence my song of the day last night!

On a side note, I finally picked up Faust IV today, been meaning to grab it for ages. Only been able to listen to Krautrock so far, but dig what I've heard. Loper, you may have to come up with some future Krautrock recomendations for me!

Yeah, their LP's can be a little daunting, but the payoff is generally pretty huge. That Krautrock track sounds like MBV or something. Good stuff and really early too. Make sure you check out Faust So Far.

Hi my name is Interloper and I'm a krautrock addict.

Go to Top of Page

Jeronimo
Son of Swervedriver

USA
2067 Posts

Posted - 05/14/2007 :  07:38:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The Jelly Jam- "Coming Round"

Ty Tabor (Kings X) One of my favorite singer-song writer-guitarist-producer dirt bike riders!!!
Rod Morgenstein (Dixie Dregs) Incredible powerhouse drummer. Tastefull and creative at time signature changes!!!!!
James Myung (Dream Theater) Just a great bass player with awesome technique.

I have my fingers crossed that they are working on a third album soon.

Go to Top of Page

Brooks
Assistant Driver

USA
452 Posts

Posted - 05/14/2007 :  08:30:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Brooks

quote:

Today,

Motorhead - Iron Fist!

Yeah, their LP's can be a little daunting, but the payoff is generally pretty huge. That Krautrock track sounds like MBV or something. Good stuff and really early too. Make sure you check out Faust So Far.

Hi my name is Interloper and I'm a krautrock addict.

Finally got to listen to Faust IV all the way through yesterday...... I think it's fuckin' awesome! Seriously, not a bad tune on it. My wife and daughter looked at me a little funny, but I enjoyed it.

Jennifer - by Faust

Go to Top of Page

interloper
Son of Swervedriver

USA
3331 Posts

Posted - 05/14/2007 :  09:57:14 AM  Show Profile  Send interloper a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Yeah, it's a great LP and Jennifer is a great track. Those guys were so insanely creative especially considering the time frame in which they were doing that stuff. All of the lp's have at least something worth listening to on them. The last one I acquired that I really like was a thing called Patchwork. I guess it's kind of a collection of leftover material. I think it's as good as their regular lp's.

Some good Faust reading...
http://allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p=amg&sql=11:d9fuxqy5ld0e

Ask away for 70's German suggestions. I love that whole era.

Go to Top of Page

Jeronimo
Son of Swervedriver

USA
2067 Posts

Posted - 05/14/2007 :  7:22:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey loper< what do ya think of the newest Moterhead album?

Them guys are hard as nails. Its like "metalpunk" to me.

Go to Top of Page

interloper
Son of Swervedriver

USA
3331 Posts

Posted - 05/15/2007 :  05:42:19 AM  Show Profile  Send interloper a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Funny you ask, the new Motorhead put me on a heavy Motorhead spin for a week or so. For me, nothing will ever touch all the stuff they did up to the mid 80's but it's still damn good. Of all the later Motorhead, I still think Sacrifice is my favorite.

Go to Top of Page

hayseed
Driving Instructor

USA
765 Posts

Posted - 05/15/2007 :  1:30:56 PM  Show Profile  Visit hayseed's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Today,

Red House - Shudder To Think, off "50,000 BC"

Go to Top of Page

rocket

USA
3545 Posts

Posted - 05/15/2007 :  6:22:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Today...
Convoj - Cultural Legacy

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=33353584

Go to Top of Page

Jeronimo
Son of Swervedriver

USA
2067 Posts

Posted - 05/16/2007 :  04:02:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
SAXON- "The Hungry Years"

Go to Top of Page

crozarey
Son of Swervedriver

Australia
2583 Posts

Posted - 05/16/2007 :  04:24:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cold Chisel - 4 Walls

"If all else fails, X equals 8" Alex P Keaton
Go to Top of Page

interloper
Son of Swervedriver

USA
3331 Posts

Posted - 05/16/2007 :  04:57:05 AM  Show Profile  Send interloper a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by hayseed

Today,

Red House - Shudder To Think, off "50,000 BC"

Love STT. Today I'll go with
Judas Priest - Dissident Aggressor

Go to Top of Page

Jeronimo
Son of Swervedriver

USA
2067 Posts

Posted - 05/17/2007 :  04:07:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
AC/DC- "Kicked In The Teeth"

Go to Top of Page

interloper
Son of Swervedriver

USA
3331 Posts

Posted - 05/17/2007 :  05:45:40 AM  Show Profile  Send interloper a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Powerage. Powerage. Powerage.

Go to Top of Page

interloper
Son of Swervedriver

USA
3331 Posts

Posted - 05/17/2007 :  06:41:06 AM  Show Profile  Send interloper a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Hey, check this guy out. It's an LP I just finished with a singer/songwriter friend of mine. He's really good and we all had a blast making the thing. I did the 'twiddlies' in the background. It was a load of fun for me to try to add something to just him and a guitar while letting the songs be the songs and not being too musically intrusive. A totally new thing for me.

http://www.myspace.com/joeanderl

Go to Top of Page

Jeronimo
Son of Swervedriver

USA
2067 Posts

Posted - 05/17/2007 :  5:30:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Iron Maiden - "Hallowed Be Thy Name"

Go to Top of Page

interloper
Son of Swervedriver

USA
3331 Posts

Posted - 05/18/2007 :  06:31:14 AM  Show Profile  Send interloper a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Soundgarden - Ugly Truth

I love all the records, but the early stuff is still my favorite.

Go to Top of Page

Jeronimo
Son of Swervedriver

USA
2067 Posts

Posted - 05/18/2007 :  7:24:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
An old favorite of mine.

Cat Stevens- "Trouble" If all his songs were this good. If he wasn't such a wussbag. And a knob.

Danko Jones- "First Date"

Go to Top of Page

crozarey
Son of Swervedriver

Australia
2583 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2007 :  04:29:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hearts Of Black Science - Cold Comfort

Loper, Son Of Swervedriver, thats so cool.

Go to Top of Page

crozarey
Son of Swervedriver

Australia
2583 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2007 :  04:31:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Anyone heard Blonde Redhead before? I keep catching the end of tracks on the radio missing the beginnings but like what id heard before realizing it was them.

Go to Top of Page

interloper
Son of Swervedriver

USA
3331 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2007 :  06:14:02 AM  Show Profile  Send interloper a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by crozarey

Anyone heard Blonde Redhead before? I keep catching the end of tracks on the radio missing the beginnings but like what id heard before realizing it was them.

There's one track I remember I like alot. It's on an LP that has a title that has something to do with lemons....

Go to Top of Page

hayseed
Driving Instructor

USA
765 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2007 :  08:59:20 AM  Show Profile  Visit hayseed's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Today,

Stigmata live - Ministry, off "In Case You Didnt Feel Like Showing Up"

Go to Top of Page

moenkopi46_2
Driving Instructor

USA
984 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2007 :  5:33:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by crozarey

There's one track I remember I like alot. It's on an LP that has a title that has something to do with lemons....

I put "Maddening Cloud" on one of my recent WABs.
I dig all their records, in this order:
Misery is a Butterfly
La Mia Via Violenta
In an Expression of the Inexpressible (I have a track from this one earmarked for the next WAB)
Melody Of Certain Damaged Lemons

You really can't go wrong with any of them, though.
Go to Top of Page

Jeronimo
Son of Swervedriver

USA
2067 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2007 :  6:47:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Primus - "Nature Boy"

Go to Top of Page

crozarey
Son of Swervedriver

Australia
2583 Posts

Posted - 05/21/2007 :  01:58:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
OK thanks people, i will suss out some more Blonde Redheads.

Ambulance LTD - Primitive

Go to Top of Page

interloper
Son of Swervedriver

USA
3331 Posts

Posted - 05/21/2007 :  05:21:02 AM  Show Profile  Send interloper a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Yeah, that's it...Melody of certain damaged lemons. The first track on that LP kills me.

Go to Top of Page

Jeronimo
Son of Swervedriver

USA
2067 Posts

Posted - 05/21/2007 :  06:54:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
STP - "Tumble In The Rough"

Go to Top of Page

interloper
Son of Swervedriver

USA
3331 Posts

Posted - 05/21/2007 :  09:39:11 AM  Show Profile  Send interloper a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Thin Lizzy - Things ain't workin out down at the farm

I heart Thin Lizzy.

Go to Top of Page

chevega
Assistant Driver

USA
152 Posts

Posted - 05/21/2007 :  12:49:57 PM  Show Profile  Visit chevega's Homepage  Reply with Quote
jeronimo - nice to see someone going to bat for STP. it doesn't often make one popular to confess an affinity for these guys, but in addition to one tight groovy rhythm section, they had some very cool tunes and made some solid records once they decided to stop ripping off their peers. brendan o'brien's brilliant production assistance didn't hurt either. it was a shame to see them basically run out of gas in the middle of nowhere, and weiland has always been a bit of a drama queen for better or worse, but at least they left us with "purple" "tiny music" "no.4" and a few nice little ditties off the last one.

sometimes the craig from the vines sings a bit like weiland, and sometimes he wears a swervedriver shirt for all to see. too bad he's too insane to tour anymore.

regardless, the vines provide me with today's SOTD, the swervie-esque "sunshinin". i know these guys fall into the "not cool new indie bands" category extolled elsewhere in this forum, but i still rate them with a resounding "ok."

www.myspace.com/thespeeds
Go to Top of Page

rocket

USA
3545 Posts

Posted - 05/21/2007 :  7:00:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think STP is o.k. myself!

And Croz - thanks to Moens tip - I ended up getting "Misery is a Butterfly" by Blonde Redhead. It's fantastic! Totally weird and mellow and trippy.
If you remind me - I'll send a copy to you with the next WAB sessions. Or I could old school email 1 track at a time to ya...

Today...
The Engineers
new stuff!!!
http://www.myspace.com/engineers

Edited by - rocket on 05/21/2007 7:07:58 PM
Go to Top of Page

Jeronimo
Son of Swervedriver

USA
2067 Posts

Posted - 05/21/2007 :  7:17:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I really like Weiland's vocals, (one of my favorite rock and roll voices). I'm not impressed with his antics at all. I feel STP is an average to good band that can rock when their not dealing with foolishness. So, I'll take them for what they are. I wanna rock.

Go to Top of Page

crozarey
Son of Swervedriver

Australia
2583 Posts

Posted - 05/22/2007 :  02:29:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Engineers are sounding great Rocket.

Ive ordered Misery Is A Butterfly too, Ill go the strangely titled Melody Of Certain Damaged Lemons if I get into the first one. Thanks fellas.

Today
Urge Overkill - Sister Havana

Go to Top of Page

boomer0127
Petroleum Spirit

USA
1443 Posts

Posted - 05/22/2007 :  7:27:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit boomer0127's Homepage  Send boomer0127 an AOL message  Send boomer0127 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Today, the tracks at http://www.myspace.com/yourblackstar

New album coming in July.

Go to Top of Page

rocket

USA
3545 Posts

Posted - 05/22/2007 :  7:55:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

sweet Boomer - I looked for them on myspace once and couldn't find them...
that kicks ass!
I love the new tracks!

Today...
good stuff on Warm and Scratchy:
http://www.adultswim.com/williams/music/warmandscratchy/

Edited by - rocket on 05/22/2007 7:56:28 PM
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 149 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Swervedriver Discussion Forums © swervedriver Go To Top Of Page
thispagewasswervedrivenin0.25seconds. Snitz Forums 2000