Previous Page | Next Page
Author  Topic Next Topic
Page: of 149

crozarey
Son of Swervedriver

Australia
2583 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2007 :  01:06:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Spotlight Kid are so nice and Swervy. That Club AC30 has some great stuff going on. Have any of you Brits been there for a look?

Kings Of Leon - McFearless - This lp is burning me up. Heres a link to them http://www.myspace.com/kingsofleon

"If all else fails, X equals 8" Alex P Keaton
Go to Top of Page

Jeronimo
Son of Swervedriver

USA
2067 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2007 :  04:32:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by rocket

Hey MoJeron/Butter - Rage Against the Machine covers "Kick Out the Jams" on Renegades. It sounds just like you'd imagine...

Today...
Spotlight Kid - "Can't Let Go This Feeling"

I didn't notice the Six by Seven connection last time Hayseed!
here's the link again:
http://www.myspace.com/spotlightkidsoun

Forgot about that one. I like it! Thanks rocket

We ride the warp of space into the womb of night.
Go to Top of Page

Jeronimo
Son of Swervedriver

USA
2067 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2007 :  04:33:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Didn't know that Moenkopi.

Go to Top of Page

Brooks
Assistant Driver

USA
452 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2007 :  05:53:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
"Indian Bones" - Dead Meadow

Consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds.
Go to Top of Page

interloper
Son of Swervedriver

USA
3331 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2007 :  08:37:20 AM  Show Profile  Send interloper a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jeronimo

"Kick Out The Jams" - MC5, Blue Oyster Cult, Monster Magnet

Has anyone else covered this song?

The Monster Magnet version is a scorcher!

Bad Brains w/Henry Rollins did it.

Go to Top of Page

Jeronimo
Son of Swervedriver

USA
2067 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2007 :  2:26:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cool! Thanks Swervies.

Judas Priest- "Metal Gods"

Say what you want, Priest can rock. I really like the "Point of Entry" album as well. Man, Preist were so huge back in the high school daze. Maiden too. In my town it was considered "Burnout music". Yeah, I was a burnout.

Edited by - Jeronimo on 04/10/2007 2:34:20 PM
Go to Top of Page

hayseed
Driving Instructor

USA
765 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2007 :  7:16:42 PM  Show Profile  Visit hayseed's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Today,

Kill Rhythm - Catherine Wheel

Glad you guys like Spotlight Kid

If life is but a dream, wake me.

Go to Top of Page

interloper
Son of Swervedriver

USA
3331 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2007 :  08:10:24 AM  Show Profile  Send interloper a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Cool! Thanks Swervies.

Judas Priest- "Metal Gods"

Say what you want, Priest can rock. I really like the "Point of Entry" album as well. Man, Preist were so huge back in the high school daze. Maiden too. In my town it was considered "Burnout music". Yeah, I was a burnout.

Dude, Point of E is my absolute favorite one. It's solid from top to bottom, and along with Maiden, it's in my opinion the absolute best early 80's metal there is. Still holds up fantastically.

Today...
CSNY - Guinnivere

Go to Top of Page

Brooks
Assistant Driver

USA
452 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2007 :  10:30:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
"Come Dancing" - Jeff Beck off of Wired. One of my all-time favorite albums.

Go to Top of Page

Jeronimo
Son of Swervedriver

USA
2067 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2007 :  7:47:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Iron Maiden- "Aces High" from the awesome Powerslave album.
Steve Harris is one of the best bass players in Heavy Metal. The guitar players never really stood out for me but its hard to beat them as a collective whole. Maiden make a unique and complete sound in the world of Heavy Metal. The same with Judas Priest and AC/DC.

Piece of Mind, Number of the Beast, and Killers are great as well.

Edited by - Jeronimo on 04/11/2007 7:50:23 PM
Go to Top of Page

hayseed
Driving Instructor

USA
765 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2007 :  8:18:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit hayseed's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Today,

Duress - You know who.

Go to Top of Page

rocket

USA
3545 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2007 :  03:13:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Today...
Grey Does Matter - "Unlimited Fun Shine"
off - Your Job Will Kill You

Fans of Silversun Pickups should not miss these guys!

here's a myspace link:
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=132394791

s_w__e___r____v_____e______d_______r________i_________v___________e_____________r

www.myspace.com/blueshiftkc

http://blueshift-kc.bandcamp.com/
Go to Top of Page

interloper
Son of Swervedriver

USA
3331 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2007 :  06:02:37 AM  Show Profile  Send interloper a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Beatles - Sexy Sadie

The version on the Anthology 3 LP. Better than the LP I think.

Go to Top of Page

Brooks
Assistant Driver

USA
452 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2007 :  06:41:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Iron Maiden- "Aces High" from the awesome Powerslave album.
Steve Harris is one of the best bass players in Heavy Metal. The guitar players never really stood out for me but its hard to beat them as a collective whole. Maiden make a unique and complete sound in the world of Heavy Metal. The same with Judas Priest and AC/DC.

Piece of Mind, Number of the Beast, and Killers are great as well.

I was a teenage metal head. Loved Maiden, everything through Live After Death. Loved Preist, even had Turbo, which now I think really sucked, but I was young. Deep Purple was another favorite. Cliff Burton era Metallica. Unfortunately I had all cassettes then and no means to play them now. Might have to make a nostalgia trip to the recdord store one day. Now only if my leather biker jacket still fit.

Which brings me to my SotD:

"Knocking At Your Back Door" - Deep Purple, a favorite when I was a wee-lad in Jr. High! Not quite metal, but still fun to shake the house with!

Go to Top of Page

interloper
Son of Swervedriver

USA
3331 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2007 :  09:21:55 AM  Show Profile  Send interloper a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I too am a not so reformed metalhead. There's a small amount, but a handful of new metal bands that I really like and keep up with. Off the top of my head, Middian, Electric Wizard, Torche, and Meshuggah are my favorites. Although I can't stand this new wave of emo metal (which is exactly what it sounds like to me). Can't stand Isis and Pelican and all that stuff. Too longwinded and whiney.

Go to Top of Page

Jeronimo
Son of Swervedriver

USA
2067 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2007 :  3:19:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I agree. Metal is not the place to whine.

Slayer-"Dead Skin Mask" & "Skeleton"s of Society"

Yeah, I know the Reign in Blood album is a favorite among fans. For some reason I like the heavy and slower Season's In The Abyss though.

Go to Top of Page

chevega
Assistant Driver

USA
152 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2007 :  3:58:39 PM  Show Profile  Visit chevega's Homepage  Reply with Quote
computer crashed for a few days and now i feel outta touch.

somebody was asking about stereolab...i think sonic boom only plays on some of their 1996-ish live tracks on "ABC Music", but he might also be on "emperor tomato ketchup."

i've been playing the shit out of iggy pop's "lust for life" album. how did i never own this before? i can't get "success" out of my head.

also just got catherine wheel's "chrome" based on recommendations made here. still getting my head around it, but so far it's pretty cool. my minor gripe so far is that i don't like the snare sound, but i'm stupidly picky like that.

and hooray to whoever mentioned the lily's! "better can't make your life better" and "the three way" are two of the finest / funnest cd's i own. who knew that indie pop could be twee AND prog at the same time. saw them a few years back in cleveland during the "precollection" tour, which was underwhelming, but there was something charming about the way kurt was this impossibly tall/skinny reserved dork with the worst sense of fashion this side of the computer lab. he just smiled this goofy smile and kept reaching for those high notes like a little boy trying to whimper his way out of a trip to the principal's office. haven't heard their new album yet. can anybody recommend?

www.myspace.com/thespeeds
Go to Top of Page

Brooks
Assistant Driver

USA
452 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2007 :  3:59:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Slayer was another fave, Haunting The Chapel, Hell Awaits, Reign In Blood, etc., shit, might have to pick one of those up again some day! Thanks for reminding me.

It's funny, there was an article in Uncut a few years ago, and some producer was talking about how as he got older, he found himself gravitating towards the music of his youth more. Something like he was into maybe jazz or club music now, but felt compeled to listen to old Bowie or whatever else he listened to as a teenager. I think I'm starting to find that true at the tender age of 35. I'm starting to have this craving for the stuff I dug when I was 15!

Anyone else?

Go to Top of Page

Jeronimo
Son of Swervedriver

USA
2067 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2007 :  04:16:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I hear ya Brooks. I blew chunks when I decided to part with alot of my older music. For some reason I felt like I would never listen to it again. If I would have kept all my records,tapes,and cd's I would be able to open a store now. ARGH!!!!!!!!!

Go to Top of Page

interloper
Son of Swervedriver

USA
3331 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2007 :  05:32:57 AM  Show Profile  Send interloper a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Zoo music girl - The Birthday Party

Go to Top of Page

boomer0127
Petroleum Spirit

USA
1443 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2007 :  06:01:11 AM  Show Profile  Visit boomer0127's Homepage  Send boomer0127 an AOL message  Send boomer0127 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Slowdive - "When the Sun Hits"

I want this played at my funeral, right before "Never Lose That Feeling/Never Learn".

http://boomer0127.googlepages.com/home
http://www.last.fm/user/boomer0127
Go to Top of Page

interloper
Son of Swervedriver

USA
3331 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2007 :  07:25:29 AM  Show Profile  Send interloper a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Okay scratch that,

My favorite song today is:
My just acquired vinyl copies of the two Harmonia LP's. Hubba hubba, it's even got gear pics!

Go to Top of Page

chevega
Assistant Driver

USA
152 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2007 :  1:06:52 PM  Show Profile  Visit chevega's Homepage  Reply with Quote
totally agree with ya, brooks, jeronimo. don't know if it's nostalgia, the desire for youth and comfort, or the fact that stuff just doesn't turn ya on like it did when you were a teen, but that need to go back to the old stuff is undeniable.

i've got dozens of cds that i now own for the second (or third) time after having hawked them in a fit of "i grew out of this and i'll never want to hear it again". dang!

speaking of bowie...."up the hill backwards"

Go to Top of Page

Jeronimo
Son of Swervedriver

USA
2067 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2007 :  7:56:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
"RE! SPECT! WALK! ARE YOU TALKIN' TO ME?

Pantera- "Walk" I have not forgotten you Dimebag! You are missed.

KISS- "Rocket Ride" Space Ace rocks on this song!

Tommy Bolin- "Teaser" I think Motley Crue covered this great song by an awesome guitar player.

SAXON- "Just Let Me Rock" Brings back many memories. Good drum fills.

Twisted Sister (yeah,thats right)- "Ride To Live/Live To Ride" Double bass pedals and a great sounding snare. Mark "The Animal" Mendoza and A.J Peru are killer!

Play It Loud Mutha!

Go to Top of Page

interloper
Son of Swervedriver

USA
3331 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2007 :  06:14:43 AM  Show Profile  Send interloper a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

"RE! SPECT! WALK! ARE YOU TALKIN' TO ME?

Pantera- "Walk" I have not forgotten you Dimebag! You are missed.

KISS- "Rocket Ride" Space Ace rocks on this song!

Tommy Bolin- "Teaser" I think Motley Crue covered this great song by an awesome guitar player.

SAXON- "Just Let Me Rock" Brings back many memories. Good drum fills.

Twisted Sister (yeah,thats right)- "Ride To Live/Live To Ride" Double bass pedals and a great sounding snare. Mark "The Animal" Mendoza and A.J Peru are killer!

Play It Loud Mutha!

I'm beginning to get the feeling that if you and I had gone to the same high school, we would have been dry heaving in the back of a Taco Bell somewhere.

Go to Top of Page

rocket

USA
3545 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2007 :  06:51:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

ha ha - great lilys description chevega!
I'm interested in getting their "Eccsame the Photon Band" album. That disk has my favorite cuts from all of the random samples I got.
Do you have that chevega?
I noticed that trying to buy it used it's about $23 - And it's on iTunes as only a partial album.
Dang...
I might get what's avalable on itunes anyway...

Today...
The Lilys - "The Hermit Crab"
which I had mentioned only a few days ago...
but it's sooo gooood!

s_w__e___r____v_____e______d_______r________i_________v___________e_____________r

Edited by - rocket on 04/14/2007 07:27:20 AM
Go to Top of Page

rocket

USA
3545 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2007 :  07:24:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
oh yeah...
there are a bunch of old faves that I go back to a lot or have followed consistently -
but, then there are a bunch of things I have that I doubt I'll ever listen to again.
But, I'm still going to keep them forever.
And I'll always have my record player and a couple cassette players just in case the mood hits me.

Edited by - rocket on 04/14/2007 07:26:08 AM
Go to Top of Page

interloper
Son of Swervedriver

USA
3331 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2007 :  09:09:04 AM  Show Profile  Send interloper a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I love the early Lilys stuff when they sounded a lot like MBV.

Go to Top of Page

rocket

USA
3545 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2007 :  7:15:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
no doubt.
The other full Lily albums I want and need are:
"In the Presence of Nothing" - 1992 - (because I have and love the track "Claire Hates Me")
and
"A Brief History of Amazing Letdowns" - 1994 - (Because I have and love the track "Ginger") - and it's rocking me as I type!
I picked up the rest of "Eccsame the Photon Band" - 1995 - this afternoon and it sounds great. It was only sold as a partial album (you have to buy each track seperately) and according to the track list on Amazon none of the tracks titled "untitled" are being sold through iTunes. I get the impression that they are possibly just noise recordings... but, I'm curious to know the truth!
I can't really imagine why all the tracks wouldn't be available?
Anyone know about that? - Interloper? Chevega?

Edited by - rocket on 04/14/2007 7:36:21 PM
Go to Top of Page

Jeronimo
Son of Swervedriver

USA
2067 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2007 :  7:41:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Van Halen - "Romeo Delight" This song is so hot! I listen to it to keep my ear hair in check. The guitar tone that early Eddie has is another fave of mine. Halen can rock!

Mr. Big- "Addicted To That Rush" The playing of Paul Gilbert and Billy Sheehan on this song is top notch. If all the songs from this band were this good ,I'd blow chunks at Taco Bell for sure.
I'm serious.

Black Sabbath- "Hole In the Sky" I.M.O. this song is better than all their more popular songs put together. The riff just kicks my balls off.

PLAY IT LOUD MUTHA!!!!!

Go to Top of Page

darshun
Assistant Driver

USA
440 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2007 :  03:13:44 AM  Show Profile  Visit darshun's Homepage  Send darshun an AOL message  Click to see darshun's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Yeah, it's funny I'm also "gravitating" toward what I loved back in high school, funny this nostalgia grabs you. I went thru ebay to search for rare metal albums and restocked on Exodus, Death Angel, etc.

Jeronimo, could you send me... man i'm dying to hear addicted to that rush... everytime they show that song on headbangers ball (backin teh day) i would totally air guitar paul gilbert's parts!!!! maybe should just look this one up in soulseek...

My bootleg blog:
http://darshun.blogspot.com
http://el1011.com
Go to Top of Page

interloper
Son of Swervedriver

USA
3331 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2007 :  05:46:56 AM  Show Profile  Send interloper a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Rocket - I'm not familiar with that release at all. In the Presence of Nothing I love though. When I think of the term 'shoegazer' I think of Loveless, and that first Lilys LP. Beware, it's a total MBV clone, but that's why I love it. Stereolab kinda started out the same way before they discovered Can. There's an ep for Tone Bender from the Lily's from that time that's really good too.

Should I admit that I once spent 8 solid hours learning "Addicted to that rush" from tab as a teen? Probably not.

Today...speaking of a shoegazerish onslaught of sound...

Faust - Munic yesterday

It would be safe to now call me a Krautrock fanatic.

Edited by - interloper on 04/15/2007 05:51:12 AM
Go to Top of Page

rocket

USA
3545 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2007 :  07:48:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Thanks Lope.
I've gotta say - I ended up getting "A Brief History Of Amazing Letdowns" - because I felt like I had just discovered a lost treasure of sweetness that I can't believe I never had!
I'll probably break down and get "In the Presence of Nothing" this afternoon too...

Go to Top of Page

chevega
Assistant Driver

USA
152 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2007 :  08:57:57 AM  Show Profile  Visit chevega's Homepage  Reply with Quote
rocket - my lily's knowledge is fairly limited to their more recent work (96-present), after they morphed from shoegazers to ray davies stalkers.

anyone ever hear of fauna? they were a minneapolis band from the early 90's who were also doing the "loveless" ripoff act. not half bad. (that doesn't necessarily indicate, however, that they were half good.) their guitarist was a substitute teacher where i went to high school.

today's song is back to SFA again..."chewing gum". hilarious and cosmic.

Go to Top of Page

interloper
Son of Swervedriver

USA
3331 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2007 :  4:12:20 PM  Show Profile  Send interloper a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
SWD - Behind the scenes of the sounds and times

John Lennon himself would be jealous of that melody.

Go to Top of Page

rocket

USA
3545 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2007 :  7:23:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So - I pulled the trigger.
My favorite of the 3 is currently "A Brief History Of Amazing Letdowns"...
It's a little 6 track ep - with the 6th track being a throw away - so, really just 5 tracks.
But, all the disks are all great and sonic!

Edited by - rocket on 04/15/2007 7:26:10 PM
Go to Top of Page

Eugene
Petroleum Spirit

USA
1640 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2007 :  05:49:30 AM  Show Profile  Visit Eugene's Homepage  Click to see Eugene's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
SuperSilent-6 (they're an "acquired" taste).

www.eugenebenjamin.com
Go to Top of Page

Jeronimo
Son of Swervedriver

USA
2067 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2007 :  07:15:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cry of Love- "Peace Pipe" ,"Too Cold In The Winter"

The first Cry Of Love album jams. Eugene likes these guys too.

Go to Top of Page

Eugene
Petroleum Spirit

USA
1640 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2007 :  08:21:32 AM  Show Profile  Visit Eugene's Homepage  Click to see Eugene's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:

Cry of Love- "Peace Pipe" ,"Too Cold In The Winter"

The first Cry Of Love album jams. Eugene likes these guys too.

Yeah loved those guys, but more the 2nd album than the first. I think it was just called Cry of Love. Peace Pipe was from the 1st one called Brother. Their lead player Audley Freed used to blow me away. He went on to play with Black Crowes for a bit, and now ..gulp he's in Cashville and playing with the?? Dixie Chicks. I think they must pay better than Cry of Love!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Audley_Freed

www.eugenebenjamin.com
Go to Top of Page

chevega
Assistant Driver

USA
152 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2007 :  11:12:49 AM  Show Profile  Visit chevega's Homepage  Reply with Quote
field music -- whatever track four is on the disc that was burned for me.

i really like these guys. sort of blur + xtc + futureheads + SFA.

tasty.

Go to Top of Page

hayseed
Driving Instructor

USA
765 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2007 :  5:56:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit hayseed's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Loper,

Have you heard of a band called Gorija? You might like them. Cant find too much info though.

Today,

My Tool playlist on the ole Ipod. All thirty songs.

Go to Top of Page

Jeronimo
Son of Swervedriver

USA
2067 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2007 :  6:19:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dokken- "Burnin' Like A Flame"

George Lynch is one of my favorite axe masters of the '80's.

Go to Top of Page

interloper
Son of Swervedriver

USA
3331 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2007 :  6:32:00 PM  Show Profile  Send interloper a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by hayseed

Loper,

Have you heard of a band called Gorija? You might like them. Cant find too much info though.

Have not. It's on the 'check out' list.

Go to Top of Page

interloper
Son of Swervedriver

USA
3331 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2007 :  6:33:18 PM  Show Profile  Send interloper a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Over Eddie V? Are you insane?

Go to Top of Page

Jeronimo
Son of Swervedriver

USA
2067 Posts

Posted - 04/17/2007 :  04:24:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by interloper

quote:

Over Eddie V? Are you insane?

Nah, not over Eddie.

Steve Vai over Eddie IMO. Steve Vai is lightning fast and creative. And he can rock. And no, I don't like Joe Satriani. (Forgive my spelling error.)

I like Eddie so much for his tone (with Roth).

George is just another one of my guitar slinger hero's from the '80's.

Paul Gilbert,Reb Beach,Nuno Bettencourt,De Martini,Jeff Watson,Vivian Campbell,Michael Shenker, there are so many tech players from that time period.

Go to Top of Page

Eugene
Petroleum Spirit

USA
1640 Posts

Posted - 04/17/2007 :  12:27:16 PM  Show Profile  Visit Eugene's Homepage  Click to see Eugene's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Allman Bros-One Way Out from Fillmore Concerts.

www.eugenebenjamin.com
Go to Top of Page

hayseed
Driving Instructor

USA
765 Posts

Posted - 04/17/2007 :  5:55:14 PM  Show Profile  Visit hayseed's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Today,

Sweetness - Toadies

Unbelievably catchy chorus.

Go to Top of Page

interloper
Son of Swervedriver

USA
3331 Posts

Posted - 04/17/2007 :  6:30:37 PM  Show Profile  Send interloper a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Eugene

Allman Bros-One Way Out from Fillmore Concerts.

Not an enourmous Allman fan, but that's a great live record, and one hell of an Elmore cover.

Go to Top of Page

Jeronimo
Son of Swervedriver

USA
2067 Posts

Posted - 04/17/2007 :  7:01:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Pantera- "Cemetary Gates" "Cowboys From Hell"

Dimebag rocks the house!!!!!!!!

AC/DC-"Beatin' Around The Bush" - This could very well be my favorite from the Thunder From Down Under. Angus kicks my balls.

Grotus- "New York Strip" Saw these guys with Mr. Bungle back in the early 90's. What a fun show.

Mike Stern- "Slow Change" Incredible jazz guitarist. Saw him live a few years back. His back up band was off the hook!

Go to Top of Page

rocket

USA
3545 Posts

Posted - 04/17/2007 :  7:43:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I loved what Steve Vai did with P.I.L. on "cassette"!

Have I mentioned that the new Kings of Leon has been rockin' my world!
Today...
Kings of Leon - "Charmer"
off - Because of the Times

this particular track really has a total Pixies Bossanova era feeling to it. With the short screatches and the bass line = so killer!

Edited by - rocket on 04/17/2007 9:43:20 PM
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 149  Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Swervedriver Discussion Forums © swervedriver Go To Top Of Page
thispagewasswervedrivenin0.25seconds. Snitz Forums 2000