Page: of 149

Jeronimo
Son of Swervedriver

USA
2067 Posts

Posted - 03/28/2007 :  03:50:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Grateful Dead- "Jack Straw"

Prolly my favorite Dead song.

Hot Tuna- "Walkin' Blues" - Robert Johnson classic!
Faces- I think I'm Losing You.(LIVE)

Chevelle is a great band.

We ride the warp of space into the womb of night.
Go to Top of Page

Brooks
Assistant Driver

USA
452 Posts

Posted - 03/28/2007 :  07:25:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jeronimo

Ya know, every spring I get this weird compulsive urge to listen to the Dead and REM. I can't explain, it lasts about a week then goes away.

Today:

"Babbling Flower" - Dead Meadow off of Shivering King And Others

Consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds.
Go to Top of Page

moenkopi46_2
Driving Instructor

USA
984 Posts

Posted - 03/28/2007 :  10:48:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Brooks

quote:

Ya know, every spring I get this weird compulsive urge to listen to the Dead and REM. I can't explain, it lasts about a week then goes away.

Wow. I hope that's not contagious. I can't afford to come down with a case of the REM's right now, much less a bout with the Dead.

Today it's ...
"Lovely Creature" - Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds
Go to Top of Page

Brooks
Assistant Driver

USA
452 Posts

Posted - 03/28/2007 :  11:00:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by moenkopi46_2

quote:
Originally posted by Brooks

quote:

Wow. I hope that's not contagious. I can't afford to come down with a case of the REM's right now, much less a bout with the Dead.

Today it's ...
"Lovely Creature" - Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds

Well, if you feel you are coming down with it, drink a few beers and listen to plenty of Swervedriver...... loud. You should be fine by morning.

Go to Top of Page

Jeronimo
Son of Swervedriver

USA
2067 Posts

Posted - 03/28/2007 :  5:19:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The Dead is great to travel with. I love them in the spring and fall. I get a bit worn out with their spaced out improvs though. Jack Straw takes me right back to spring in Marquette,Michigan. I'm so happy I get to work in Marquette on my route. Love that town.

Badger - "Wheel Of Fortune" and "Fountain" Rare classic rock/prog/jam music. Tasty morsels!

Go to Top of Page

rocket

USA
3545 Posts

Posted - 03/28/2007 :  11:31:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
did I mention the place I went to didn't have the "I Love You But I've Chose Darkness" disk?...
sucked...
but,
Hayseed got me a bit pumped about Sloan again adding "Reach Out" on a mix not too long ago. I thought it was the best track I heard them create since their "twice removed" disk...
("smeared" still holds one of my all time favorite "track # one's" )
so I bought Sloans latest "never heard the end of it" - I couldn't resist since it had 30 freakin tracks on it!
I cut out about 8 tracks of the 30 for my itunes and the remaining have been a lot of fun to listen to!
Anyway - I said all of that to say:

Today...
Sloan - "I've Gotta Try"
off - never hear the end of it

s_w__e___r____v_____e______d_______r________i_________v___________e_____________r

www.myspace.com/blueshiftkc

http://blueshift-kc.bandcamp.com/

Edited by - rocket on 03/28/2007 11:37:56 PM
Go to Top of Page

interloper
Son of Swervedriver

USA
3331 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2007 :  07:55:21 AM  Show Profile  Send interloper a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
The A Frames - Futureworld

I gotta find this band's first LP. The new one doesn't touch the old one.

Go to Top of Page

chevega
Assistant Driver

USA
152 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2007 :  09:05:30 AM  Show Profile  Visit chevega's Homepage  Reply with Quote
"bankrobber" - the clash.

cool dub groove, cheesy synths, reggae piano, and joe s. barking his way through some great working-class irony.

www.myspace.com/thespeeds
Go to Top of Page

interloper
Son of Swervedriver

USA
3331 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2007 :  09:54:15 AM  Show Profile  Send interloper a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Nice, I was just rockin the Rope LP the other day.

Go to Top of Page

Brooks
Assistant Driver

USA
452 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2007 :  11:07:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Whoa.... I had Give Em Enough Rope on in my car Monday afternoon, weird. Listened to some of Sandinista this morning.

My SOTD:

"Take Me To The Other Side," Spacemen 3

Go to Top of Page

Brooks
Assistant Driver

USA
452 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2007 :  11:14:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

The Dead is great to travel with. I love them in the spring and fall. I get a bit worn out with their spaced out improvs though. Jack Straw takes me right back to spring in Marquette,Michigan. I'm so happy I get to work in Marquette on my route. Love that town

I went through a bit of a Grateful Dead phaze in high school. Actually saw them once in 1987 or so? Every once in a blue moon I get the urge to listen to a few live shows, 77' 78' era shows in particular.

Go to Top of Page

chevega
Assistant Driver

USA
152 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2007 :  09:52:01 AM  Show Profile  Visit chevega's Homepage  Reply with Quote
brooks - "take me to the other side" is prob'ly my favorite S3 song; and i think sandanista is brilliant and underrated. (maybe someday i'll make a one-disc "fan edit" of it.)

today's tune: jarvis cocker "don't let him waste your time"

and albums too: mojave 3 "spoon and rafter" and albert hammond jr "yours to keep" (right now the strokes are kicking themselves for not using any of this guy's songs in the band. sorry, but this record kicks the crap out of "first impressions of earth")

Go to Top of Page

rocket

USA
3545 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2007 :  4:21:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Is it just me - or does everyone have to scroll the #'s to find a page that works - and it's like 81... not 96?
Brad Brains probablly had to delete some for space...

Anyway...
I must say I'm a tad dissapointed with the new Bloc Party.
I mean - it's not near as shitty as what Snow Patrol just put out - but, they lost a lot of energy and cool guitar noodlings. The new one is much more straight forward structurally - and vocally, while his style is similar, he cheesed up the lyrical content a few notches as well.
But, it's not horrible... I'm hoping the 3rd listen will start to convince me to like it more...

s_w__e___r____v_____e______d_______r________i_________v___________e_____________r

Go to Top of Page

crozarey
Son of Swervedriver

Australia
2583 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2007 :  04:54:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Snow Patrol is all over the airwaves down here. They got a bit boring fast with that new "book style" cd. The first 3 singles are doin my head in. If only another Scottish band could get a fraction of their exposure here Id be hanging from Satellites.

Kings Of Leon newy is burning also but im liking what Ive heard from them. On Call is one strange composition.

Kaiser Chiefs - Ruby - liking that track a fair bit.

"If all else fails, X equals 8" Alex P Keaton
Go to Top of Page

Brooks
Assistant Driver

USA
452 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2007 :  06:01:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by chevega

brooks - "take me to the other side" is prob'ly my favorite S3 song; and i think sandanista is brilliant and underrated. (maybe someday i'll make a one-disc "fan edit" of it.)

I hear ya about that fan edit of Sandanista! There is definately one brilliant album within those 2 discs.

I just picked up Perfect Perscription last week and totaly dig it. "Come Down Easy," is another gem on that album. I've had Playing With Fire and Sound Of Confusion for a while but for some reason always over looked Perfect Perscription. I might try and check out one of the live albums next. Any recomendations?

Song of the moment:

"Polar Bear" - The Charlatans

Also picked up the Silversun Pickups 1st EP Pikul. Some great tunes on there - Kissing Families, Comeback Kid, etc.
And I was also suckered into getting this album by Panda Bear called Person Pitch. I guess Pand Bear is a person who is part of Animal Collective? Anyways, it's like a DJ took 1 part Pet sounds era Beach Boys and maybe a dash of Galaxy 500 and blended it together. Good background music.

Ha! Safe European Home just came on the MP3 player!

Go to Top of Page

interloper
Son of Swervedriver

USA
3331 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2007 :  11:11:31 AM  Show Profile  Send interloper a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Cheap Trick - Budokon

Go to Top of Page

Brooks
Assistant Driver

USA
452 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2007 :  11:39:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by interloper

Cheap Trick - Budokon

I am a sucker for that album (the complete version of course)!

Well, it's the first day of the season for baseball! I'm leaving work early to get home and catch the 1st pitch of the Red Sox game! I love this time of year!

So in honor of the Sox today it's "Dirty Water" - The Standells - the Red Sox theme song (that and Sweet Caroline by Neil Diamond and Tessie by Dropkick Murphy's).

Go to Top of Page

jamesg

USA
1261 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2007 :  11:40:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
BOOO! I'm having to watch the Braves opener on stupid gamecast! Oh well at least I can be thankful that I can at least do that.
Go to Top of Page

chevega
Assistant Driver

USA
152 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2007 :  11:41:49 AM  Show Profile  Visit chevega's Homepage  Reply with Quote
brooks - yeah, panda bear is the dude from animal collective, who i have JUST started checking out, and i think i like them, but haven't made up my mind yet.

unfortunately can't make any further S3 recommendations, as my collection of their work is identical to yours. i much like the spiritualized stuff and have most of it, but spectrum didn't turn me on a whole lot. though i did like what sonic boom did with stereolab mid 90's.

today's tune = "he thought of cars" : blur

Go to Top of Page

Brooks
Assistant Driver

USA
452 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2007 :  11:55:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Chevega - so far I kind of like Panda Bear, good background music as I said, but that's about as much attention as I have given them.

Love all of the Spiritualized stuff, and almost picked up Spectrum, but heard a few tracks and decided to hold off, not sure if I dig it either. Do you know which Stereolab albums Sonic Boom worked on off hand? I think I just have Transient Random...., and Dots and Loops.

Go to Top of Page

hayseed
Driving Instructor

USA
765 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2007 :  2:16:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit hayseed's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Going old skool today.

Negative Creep - Nirvana

If life is but a dream, wake me.

Go to Top of Page

hayseed
Driving Instructor

USA
765 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2007 :  3:34:40 PM  Show Profile  Visit hayseed's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Has anyone heard of this band? http://www.myspace.com/spotlightkidsound

Sounds really good.

Go to Top of Page

Jeronimo
Son of Swervedriver

USA
2067 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2007 :  04:05:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah Croz. The new Snow Patrol is piss poor! I guess another new sappy song of theirs is due out this summer for the Spiderman 3 soundtrack.

Saxon- "Set Me Free" - Rockin' cover of a classic from The Sweet.

Go to Top of Page

Brooks
Assistant Driver

USA
452 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2007 :  05:29:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
"Still Raining, Still Dreaming" - The Jimi Hendrix Experience

Fits the dreary weather here in Boston today.

Go to Top of Page

interloper
Son of Swervedriver

USA
3331 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2007 :  09:37:15 AM  Show Profile  Send interloper a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I love the Sweet. I love Saxon. I love Negative Creep. I love Still Raining.

Today..

Harmonia - Watusssi

Seriously, if I play this anymore, the girl is going to stab me while I'm sleeping.

Check it. Not bad for 1974
http://www.myspace.com/harmoniamusic

Go to Top of Page

Jeronimo
Son of Swervedriver

USA
2067 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2007 :  4:00:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Montrose- "Rock Candy"

This song still rocks me. I don't like the guitar solo though. The lyrics could use some help as well. Hagar sounds good on it.

Saxon- "Denim and Leather"

Thanks for bringing this great metal band to my attention again Loper. I used to rock out to these guys in the 80's. I know their older music is good, not too sure about their more recent titles. I've heard fans say that "Crusader" was their last great conquest. I love that album.

Go to Top of Page

rocket

USA
3545 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2007 :  6:20:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Today...
In the Pines - "Dress on Fire"

super rainy day K.C. goodness:
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=4504886

I like that Spotlight Kid link Hayseed!
Thanks dude!

Go to Top of Page

crozarey
Son of Swervedriver

Australia
2583 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2007 :  12:58:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
...he snorted his father!

Of all the Silversun's tracks i like Creation Lake the most. Pikul is right up there for me too Brooks!
J-mo, funny you bought up the Spiderman 3 soundtrack, just heard Wolfmother have cracked it and also Jet. Stoked to see rocking Aussies crack the big paydays for a change. How come a SWD track doesnt get this kind of exposure? If your fanging through the air on the end of some silky web over the top of peak hour traffic, I mean whats better to listen to?

J's played a Panda Bear track today and i thought it was ok too.

Todays favourite is The Roots - Long Time. And its been a long time since a track has grabbed me in this genre.

"If all else fails, X equals 8" Alex P Keaton

Edited by - crozarey on 04/04/2007 01:00:50 AM
Go to Top of Page

interloper
Son of Swervedriver

USA
3331 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2007 :  06:48:52 AM  Show Profile  Send interloper a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Montrose- "Rock Candy"

This song still rocks me. I don't like the guitar solo though. The lyrics could use some help as well. Hagar sounds good on it.

Saxon- "Denim and Leather"

Thanks for bringing this great metal band to my attention again Loper. I used to rock out to these guys in the 80's. I know their older music is good, not too sure about their more recent titles. I've heard fans say that "Crusader" was their last great conquest. I love that album.

Yeah dude. It wasn't long ago that I first heard 'Wheels of Steel' and it rocked my pants.

Go to Top of Page

Brooks
Assistant Driver

USA
452 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2007 :  06:59:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well there you have it, 3 out of 3 forum members agree - the new Panda Bear is simply OK!

Pikul is getting a lot of play lately in my car.

Quite a bit of Bowie on the MP3 player this morning, so for now:

"Look Back In Anger," -off of Lodger. This track kills me every time!

By the way, I just saw something interesting on Amazon. A single with Bowie, Gilmour, Wright covering Arnold Layne and Dark Globe. I think it was from a concert last year. But imagine that? If Bowie, Gilmour, Wright and Mason toured doing mostly Syd era Floyd stuff? I realize Gilmour wasn't with the band for most of the Syd era, but still…….

Edited by - Brooks on 04/04/2007 07:00:25 AM
Go to Top of Page

Jeronimo
Son of Swervedriver

USA
2067 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2007 :  4:26:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
K nights
I n
S atan's
S ervice "Mr. Speed" from the "Rock and Roll Over Album".

Go to Top of Page

rocket

USA
3545 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2007 :  8:33:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm sharin' the love for the Silversun P disk!

Today...
The Lilys - "The Hermit Crab"

I'm shocked I've never picked up any Lilys before now. I just snagged a random assortment from a variety of albums that were the favorites of one of my co-workers.
Shweeew.
Anyway...
They seem to have elements of Teenage Fanclub, Sloan, The M's, and MBV - all rolled up into one band. ..And it keeps a nice, fairly raw quality to it.

Edited by - rocket on 04/04/2007 8:35:39 PM
Go to Top of Page

chris

United Kingdom
1051 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2007 :  04:17:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There's a full Shudder to Think concert on youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CGpcy39_Nj4

Sound quality isn't great but some of you will get a kick out of it

http://www.last.fm/user/pinky_blue
Go to Top of Page

interloper
Son of Swervedriver

USA
3331 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2007 :  05:42:43 AM  Show Profile  Send interloper a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

K nights
I n
S atan's
S ervice "Mr. Speed" from the "Rock and Roll Over Album".

You're killing me. Should I admit that I had that tape in my van just the other day? R and R O is the best one.

Go to Top of Page

boomer0127
Petroleum Spirit

USA
1443 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2007 :  05:57:25 AM  Show Profile  Visit boomer0127's Homepage  Send boomer0127 an AOL message  Send boomer0127 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
"Grown" - Awesome Color

http://boomer0127.googlepages.com/home
http://www.last.fm/user/boomer0127
Go to Top of Page

hayseed
Driving Instructor

USA
765 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2007 :  3:52:24 PM  Show Profile  Visit hayseed's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Bobbi, Bobbi, Bobbi, Im not God - Karma To Burn

Go to Top of Page

interloper
Son of Swervedriver

USA
3331 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2007 :  04:55:05 AM  Show Profile  Send interloper a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Neu! - Hero

Go to Top of Page

Brooks
Assistant Driver

USA
452 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2007 :  05:46:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
"Schitzophrenia" - Sonic Youth, off of Sister

Go to Top of Page

boomer0127
Petroleum Spirit

USA
1443 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2007 :  06:08:24 AM  Show Profile  Visit boomer0127's Homepage  Send boomer0127 an AOL message  Send boomer0127 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Listening outside my standard playlist on the iPod this week.

Today - "La Villa Strangiato" - Rush off Exit Stage Left

http://boomer0127.googlepages.com/home
http://www.last.fm/user/boomer0127
Go to Top of Page

Jeronimo
Son of Swervedriver

USA
2067 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2007 :  3:44:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Danko Jones- "First Date"

Check this one out interloper. I think you're going to dig it.

AC/DC- "Whats Next To The Moon"

Angus and Malcolm rock!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go to Top of Page

interloper
Son of Swervedriver

USA
3331 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2007 :  5:29:58 PM  Show Profile  Send interloper a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
You know how to charm me Mo. After all, Powerage is my absolute fave. God I never get sick of that one. And yes...Angus and Malcom. Best guitar sound EVER.

Go to Top of Page

hayseed
Driving Instructor

USA
765 Posts

Posted - 04/07/2007 :  2:48:11 PM  Show Profile  Visit hayseed's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Roi - The Breeders

Extremely underrated in my opinion. Everyone thinks of Cannonball but "Last Splash" is a solid album all the way through.

Oh BTW, Queens of the Stone Age will be releasing "Era Vulgaris", their 5th LP in June. Supposed to be a lot more like their 1st, self titled LP. Stand by to stand by, shipmates! (Thats a little Navy talk meaning grab on to your ass and hold on tight, fellas.)

Go to Top of Page

interloper
Son of Swervedriver

USA
3331 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2007 :  03:37:11 AM  Show Profile  Send interloper a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by hayseed

Roi - The Breeders

Extremely underrated in my opinion. Everyone thinks of Cannonball but "Last Splash" is a solid album all the way through.

Oh BTW, Queens of the Stone Age will be releasing "Era Vulgaris", their 5th LP in June. Supposed to be a lot more like their 1st, self titled LP. Stand by to stand by, shipmates! (Thats a little Navy talk meaning grab on to your ass and hold on tight, fellas.)

I always loved Invisible Man.

Go to Top of Page

Eugene
Petroleum Spirit

USA
1640 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2007 :  05:42:50 AM  Show Profile  Visit Eugene's Homepage  Click to see Eugene's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Adam Rogers-Time and the Infinite.

Best Jazz guitar recording I have heard in such a long time! Can't stop playing this thing. First heard him with Lost Tribe, now I can't get enough!

www.eugenebenjamin.com
Go to Top of Page

hayseed
Driving Instructor

USA
765 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2007 :  1:24:40 PM  Show Profile  Visit hayseed's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Take You On A Cruise - Interpol

This popped up on shuffle today while I was out running. Nice and dark, the world still asleep. A cold breeze with a fog rolling in. Very haunting song that was perfect for my environment today.

Go to Top of Page

Brooks
Assistant Driver

USA
452 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2007 :  7:21:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
"Morning Rain / Syd's Eyes" - our man Adam Franklin

Won't this freakin' album come out already?!?!?!?!!? I feel like I've been waiting years! ;)

Go to Top of Page

Jeronimo
Son of Swervedriver

USA
2067 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2007 :  7:45:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
"Kick Out The Jams" - MC5, Blue Oyster Cult, Monster Magnet

Has anyone else covered this song?

The Monster Magnet version is a scorcher!

Go to Top of Page

Jeronimo
Son of Swervedriver

USA
2067 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2007 :  7:56:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Danko Jones- "Don't Fall in Love"

Interloper, you need to check out this band. Hayseed,Moen,rocket as well.

Go to Top of Page

rocket

USA
3545 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2007 :  8:06:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Hey MoJeron/Butter - Rage Against the Machine covers "Kick Out the Jams" on Renegades. It sounds just like you'd imagine...

Today...
Spotlight Kid - "Can't Let Go This Feeling"

I didn't notice the Six by Seven connection last time Hayseed!
here's the link again:
http://www.myspace.com/spotlightkidsound

Go to Top of Page

moenkopi46_2
Driving Instructor

USA
984 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2007 :  10:00:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

"Kick Out The Jams" - MC5, Blue Oyster Cult, Monster Magnet

Has anyone else covered this song?

The Monster Magnet version is a scorcher!

Jeff Buckley
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 149 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Swervedriver Discussion Forums © swervedriver Go To Top Of Page
thispagewasswervedrivenin0.23seconds. Snitz Forums 2000