Page: of 149

rocket

USA
3545 Posts

Posted - 09/29/2006 :  2:23:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey dudes.
Today... I'll second the Loper pick:

Torch - "Erase"

cool track. I like it the best of the 4 posted on their myspace page...
I don't know anything else about them.
But, "Erase" has that killer sonic guitar with the soaring vocals that hits deeee spot!

s_w__e___r____v_____e______d_______r________i_________v___________e_____________r

www.myspace.com/blueshiftkc

http://blueshift-kc.bandcamp.com/

Edited by - rocket on 09/29/2006 2:26:14 PM
Go to Top of Page

hayseed
Driving Instructor

USA
764 Posts

Posted - 09/29/2006 :  3:44:03 PM  Show Profile  Visit hayseed's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Today, Im going with: Around the Fur - Deftones

Awesome song. Takes me back to my early 20's. This was hands down, their best record.

If life is but a dream, wake me.

Go to Top of Page

interloper
Son of Swervedriver

USA
3330 Posts

Posted - 09/29/2006 :  4:42:56 PM  Show Profile  Send interloper a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by rocket

Hey dudes.
Today... I'll second the Loper pick:

Torch - "Erase"

cool track. I like it the best of the 4 posted on their myspace page...
I don't know anything else about them.
But, "Erase" has that killer sonic guitar with the soaring vocals that hits deeee spot!

Yeah man, I LOVE that band right now. I've never heard anyone play with such ridiculously heavy detuned guitars and combine it with as much melody as they do. To me, they sound kinda like what Helmet SHOULD sound like now. I give high thumbs up on the whole LP. It's great.

Go to Top of Page

interloper
Son of Swervedriver

USA
3330 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2006 :  10:27:36 AM  Show Profile  Send interloper a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Melvins/Big Business - Rat Faced

The mighty Melvins have essentially combined themselves with another band called Big Business. The B Business LP is incredible, but the new Melvins is their best in roughly ten years. I HIGHLY recommend.

Go to Top of Page

boomer0127
Petroleum Spirit

USA
1443 Posts

Posted - 10/04/2006 :  07:29:27 AM  Show Profile  Visit boomer0127's Homepage  Send boomer0127 an AOL message  Send boomer0127 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
The Life and Times - "From Gold to Cold"

off the demos at that page from last week or so.

http://boomer0127.googlepages.com/home
http://www.last.fm/user/boomer0127
Go to Top of Page

interloper
Son of Swervedriver

USA
3330 Posts

Posted - 10/04/2006 :  08:09:25 AM  Show Profile  Send interloper a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
If anyone here gets the chance, DO see the Melvins/Big Business show currently on tour.

I'm still in pain. Seriously.

Go to Top of Page

drmcd
Assistant Driver

USA
365 Posts

Posted - 10/04/2006 :  8:15:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just got my hands on The Stiff Records Box Set from 1992. I don't know which is my favorite...

All the Nick Lowe

All the Graham Parker

Less Than Zero...

ooo! Jane Aire and The Belvederes - Yankee Wheels

Hit Me With Your Rhythm Stick [...Hit me! Hit me!]

I even get my fetish for early 80s sampling machines satisfied: Via Vagabond - Who Likes Jazz?

I'll take Tracey Ullman's "Breakaway" over "YBMHI17P"

Da Pogues...

Wait... isn't Dr. Feelgood Motley Crue?

In other news... get the alternate version of John Lennon's "I'm Losing You", recorded in 1980 during the Double Fantasy sessions but with Rick and Bun E. from Cheap Trick and Chapman Stick extraordinaire Tony Levin. Released on the JL anthology in 97-98.

Have I Already Posted This corner: Big chubby props to Interloper for the Lightning Bolt "2 Towers" track on whatever Burnies that was. Can't get enough of this shit. Has the overdriven/compressed free math jazz rock Chapman Stick band been done yet?
Go to Top of Page

interloper
Son of Swervedriver

USA
3330 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2006 :  3:55:27 PM  Show Profile  Send interloper a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Nah, I've not heard of that one man. Lightning Bolt is insane and insanely good I think. Check out Big Business..another bass/drum combo. Ballistic stuff.

Go to Top of Page

interloper
Son of Swervedriver

USA
3330 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2006 :  3:58:06 PM  Show Profile  Send interloper a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Oh, and the Stiff records box set rules. I've sifted through it at one point. Don't own it though.

Go to Top of Page

drmcd
Assistant Driver

USA
365 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2006 :  7:18:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by interloper

Yeah, looks like it's been cleaned out. Dunno....

Hey... I still need to figger out how to export a playlist and need to revisit helpful hint posts on the board here... but what happened to the gmail? Not that it was worth much, but the Liquid Flannel track is gone, along with most everything except for the loper Burnies from 8/30. I know people are busy and have jobs and shit , but the topic seems to have dropped abruptly.

Cuz as soon as I get with crossfading only certain tracks, I got my New Wave Hookers comp happenin... ...along with the learning curve to get a proper Burnies from my other stuff to contribute...

Stiff box = $50 off eBay, excellent shape, OG 1992 Rhino issue. Course, if I want to speak in completist terms, I'd already own the records...

Edited by - drmcd on 10/05/2006 7:28:15 PM
Go to Top of Page

hayseed
Driving Instructor

USA
764 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2006 :  7:31:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit hayseed's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Whew!

Been busy digesting the new discs from Sloan, Starflyer 59 and The Killers. Lots of good stuff. The new Sloan disc has 30 friggin tracks!

Go to Top of Page

darshun
Assistant Driver

USA
440 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2006 :  1:49:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit darshun's Homepage  Send darshun an AOL message  Click to see darshun's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
How's the Starflyer 59 album? Haven't listened to them in awhile. Plus the only thing I have by them is a live show...

My bootleg blog:
http://darshun.blogspot.com
http://el1011.com
Go to Top of Page

interloper
Son of Swervedriver

USA
3330 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2006 :  2:42:47 PM  Show Profile  Send interloper a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Melvins - the Maggot LP

I'm still all geeked up from seeing them last Monday. It's been Melvins all week. If I play them anymore, I'm deathly afraid that my girlfriend will glue my dick to my leg as I sleep.

Go to Top of Page

hayseed
Driving Instructor

USA
764 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2006 :  7:59:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit hayseed's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by darshun

How's the Starflyer 59 album? Haven't listened to them in awhile. Plus the only thing I have by them is a live show...

In my opinion, My Island is an extension of Talking Voice vs. Singing Voice. Very similar. Still good though. If you have the Live At Schuba's disc, and you like it, check out Old. Its their best.

Go to Top of Page

hayseed
Driving Instructor

USA
764 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2006 :  11:27:24 AM  Show Profile  Visit hayseed's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Really digging Darker My Love and Highspire. Swervedriver forum comes through once again!

Today though, my favorite is probably the best Oasis song ever. Drumroll............... Acquiesce.

I'll be standing by for your protests. :D

Go to Top of Page

interloper
Son of Swervedriver

USA
3330 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2006 :  11:55:58 AM  Show Profile  Send interloper a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
So many favorite Oasis songs....

I'm certainly not protesting.

Go to Top of Page

drmcd
Assistant Driver

USA
365 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2006 :  4:17:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by drmcd: Not that it was worth much, but the Liquid Flannel track is gone, along with most everything except for the loper Burnies from 8/30.

... "it" meaning the LF track was not much, not the rest. In fact, I'm now prepared to start file management and dig into all the stuff that was there...

I'm really kinda bummed AT&T appropriated "All Around The World"... they're the ones who laid me off this year

FST = "King Of The World" - Steely Dan live at the Record Plant March 20, 1974

Edited by - drmcd on 10/07/2006 4:29:00 PM
Go to Top of Page

boomer0127
Petroleum Spirit

USA
1443 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2006 :  09:25:02 AM  Show Profile  Visit boomer0127's Homepage  Send boomer0127 an AOL message  Send boomer0127 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
"Seethrustars" - Air Formation off STay Inside/Feel Everything

Go to Top of Page

crozarey
Son of Swervedriver

Australia
2583 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2006 :  6:57:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Id be real keen to hear more Air formation Boom. I love their work on the Never Lose That Feeling Comp, from AC30.

Loper thats a funny quote about your sadistic girlfriend dude. Nearly spluttered juice onto my monitor there, ya yarra. Also man, i havent been able to figure how to play that.rar file of your last burnies. Did you guys say you were mailing cds as well as posting them on yousendit? Yes please if so..

Hayseed - have been bashing your last wab lots. LOts of faves - tracks 1-4 especially 3! My pick for favourite. Also Tapes N Tapes - very catchy. How good was Saturation by Urge Overkill back there? Would have to be the one lp i NEED to own.

Today though..

dEUS - Stop/Start Nature (especially the stop around 3 minutes in)
My favourite find of the year. Thanks for the musical treasure maps you guys.

"If all else fails, X equals 8" Alex P Keaton
Go to Top of Page

hayseed
Driving Instructor

USA
764 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2006 :  7:30:43 PM  Show Profile  Visit hayseed's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Croz,

The first three tracks off of Saturation absolutely slay! My favorite off the last WAB that I did was the song by Clearlake. Completely different from anything I normally listen to.

Go to Top of Page

crozarey
Son of Swervedriver

Australia
2583 Posts

Posted - 10/10/2006 :  12:24:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
yeah just went to the car and realised the one i want to research more is by The Silversun Pickups. Clearlake has a great sound I agree, but these dudes are my faves on yours Seeder.

Go to Top of Page

boomer0127
Petroleum Spirit

USA
1443 Posts

Posted - 10/10/2006 :  04:44:30 AM  Show Profile  Visit boomer0127's Homepage  Send boomer0127 an AOL message  Send boomer0127 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Guys, I uploaded another Air Formation track and a Highspire track into the music folder on the gDisk.

Go to Top of Page

boomer0127
Petroleum Spirit

USA
1443 Posts

Posted - 10/10/2006 :  05:55:35 AM  Show Profile  Visit boomer0127's Homepage  Send boomer0127 an AOL message  Send boomer0127 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Heard a great set on the iCommute:

Statistics - The Grass is Always Greener - Moenkopi's Well Preserved Morsels
Idlewild - I Understand It - Warnings Promises
The Doobie Brothers (?) - China Grove - Now how the hell did that end up in my "Goodstuff" playlist?
SWD - Land of the Lost - Long time since I've really 'heard' that track
Roma 79 - Stateside - This one is my Track of the Day
Failure - Wonderful Life - Magnified
Shiner - Lazy Eye - Starless

Sonic Youth's "JC" off dirty is lined up to start the commute home!

Oh, and I put a SSP track on the gDisk Music folder. Give it a chance - it explodes around 4:30.
Croz - will you upload that dEUS track?

Go to Top of Page

hayseed
Driving Instructor

USA
764 Posts

Posted - 10/10/2006 :  7:12:45 PM  Show Profile  Visit hayseed's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Whoaoa........Whooooooa, China Grove!

Favorite today: Be My Drug - Wildhearts

The perfect rock song.

Go to Top of Page

drmcd
Assistant Driver

USA
365 Posts

Posted - 10/10/2006 :  7:25:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
RE: gmail - man do I feel dumb. I really should quit smoking - altogether Sorry about that, folks.

croz: get Saturation, then get Jesus Urge Superstar, then get Americruiser. You can live without the rest. JUS and Americruiser might appear on the same CD somewhere. That is, if anybody buys CDs anymore...

FST = "True Love Travels On A Gravel Road" - Afghan Whigs (Percy Sledge cover)

Go to Top of Page

interloper
Son of Swervedriver

USA
3330 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2006 :  10:29:29 AM  Show Profile  Send interloper a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Speaking of Iggy...today's song is this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QvcKX4gK18Q

This is one of the greatest performances I've ever seen. Wow, this kills.

Go to Top of Page

rocket

USA
3545 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2006 :  6:08:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

I still buy CD's!

How did all you guys find Roma 79 - did I post them a couple months back or something?
Geezzzzzz - my WAB's take so long - you'll have everything by the time I get them finished!

Today...
Mandarin - "Shadow Your Shadow"
off - Fast>Future>Present
these guys are kickin' my ass! They are like a combo of Autolux and BSS vocals with a touch of Pinback groove!

s_w__e___r____v_____e______d_______r________i_________v___________e_____________r

Go to Top of Page

crozarey
Son of Swervedriver

Australia
2583 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2006 :  8:23:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
then hurry up Rocket! Geez, its not like you have been busy or anything!

Congrats on the beautiful baby dude, by the way... Lucky man.

Today:

+/- - All I Do

but its early still.

Go to Top of Page

interloper
Son of Swervedriver

USA
3330 Posts

Posted - 10/13/2006 :  11:34:40 AM  Show Profile  Send interloper a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Rain - The Beatles

This is a great example of why Lennon was such a genius. The lyric works on so many levels.

Go to Top of Page

rocket

USA
3545 Posts

Posted - 10/14/2006 :  1:36:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Today...
The Appleseed Cast - "February"
off - Peregrine

Go to Top of Page

drmcd
Assistant Driver

USA
365 Posts

Posted - 10/14/2006 :  6:32:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
"Hot Summer 1991" - Truly

From "Fast Stories...From Kid Coma". The whole record rules. Or rules at least for tonight.
Go to Top of Page

crozarey
Son of Swervedriver

Australia
2583 Posts

Posted - 10/15/2006 :  04:45:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
All of Carnavas by the Silversun Pickups

The soundtrack from my recently had holidays featured the hell out of these guys. Chrissy Amphlett was channeled by the lead chick. Its like the Divynals had kids and this is the band those kids they have grown up into. Very impressive.

Go to Top of Page

fireovid
Swervelette

49 Posts

Posted - 10/15/2006 :  10:15:03 AM  Show Profile  Send fireovid a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
"Aces High" by Anton Maiden

may he rust in peace!!
Go to Top of Page

rocket

USA
3545 Posts

Posted - 10/16/2006 :  3:00:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Today...
Mark Lanegan - "No Easy Action"
off - Field Songs

finally got this...

Go to Top of Page

Jeronimo
Son of Swervedriver

USA
2064 Posts

Posted - 10/16/2006 :  5:26:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello, y'all! Its been a long time since I've dropped by. So much has happened.

Well,as we say..."Never, Lose That Feeling"

My song for the day will be "Prove to Be" from the new Chevelle album

We ride the warp of space into the womb of night.
Go to Top of Page

crozarey
Son of Swervedriver

Australia
2583 Posts

Posted - 10/18/2006 :  02:49:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Now that youve got the home net link Jaymo i hope ya stick around again.

Today,

Swervedriver - Rave Down - on the radio even!

Go to Top of Page

interloper
Son of Swervedriver

USA
3330 Posts

Posted - 10/18/2006 :  1:40:01 PM  Show Profile  Send interloper a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Well dear friends, I'm officially engaged to my lady of four years as of last night...so by default my song of the day is...

Slayer - Reign in Blood.

Go to Top of Page

Jeronimo
Son of Swervedriver

USA
2064 Posts

Posted - 10/18/2006 :  5:53:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Today's song.... "Surrender" from Cheap Trick.

My wife's (Jaime) song for the day..."Bones" from Radiohead.

Hey Croz, did ya get my e-mail?

Congrats lopermeister.

Go to Top of Page

rocket

USA
3545 Posts

Posted - 10/18/2006 :  7:10:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Ha Ha nice pick - Congratulations Mr. Loper! That is awesome news!

and

Jeronimo snuck an entire egagement and wedding in between visits - way to go Jeroni-bro!

Today...
The Casket Lottery - "Jealousy on Tap"
off - Moving Mountains

Go to Top of Page

boomer0127
Petroleum Spirit

USA
1443 Posts

Posted - 10/18/2006 :  8:14:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit boomer0127's Homepage  Send boomer0127 an AOL message  Send boomer0127 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Congrats guys. 'Loper, make sure your first dance is something Swerve-y.

Jeronimo? You been holding out on us? I guess this means I have to up my posting to rapid fire to beat you to 1000.

Currently watching John Ashcroft on the Daily Show. Jon Stewart needs to reach across the table and stop that head bobbing NOW.

Go to Top of Page

crozarey
Son of Swervedriver

Australia
2583 Posts

Posted - 10/19/2006 :  01:48:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
awesome news Loperropeher! Whens the wedding dude?

Yep got the good news email last night jeronimofo. Cant wait either. Spicks And Specks video coming your way directly, my friend, and some other goodies of course.

Rocketchops! I hope we get to hear some casket lottery in yur next WAB buddy. Seems like theres a ton of stuff in the pipeline at the moment! Yee Har!

Today
The Silversun Pickups - Kissing Families
off the Pikul EP

Go to Top of Page

interloper
Son of Swervedriver

USA
3330 Posts

Posted - 10/19/2006 :  05:29:51 AM  Show Profile  Send interloper a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks a lot fellas. It'll probably be around this time next year Croz.

Edited by - interloper on 10/19/2006 05:35:03 AM
Go to Top of Page

Jeronimo
Son of Swervedriver

USA
2064 Posts

Posted - 10/19/2006 :  5:02:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Lol everyone. Good to be back.

I've expanded on my music selection's. I'm really diggin' on the new Wreckers song.

Also, the Bruce Springsteen bluegrass Lp is kinda cool.

Bruce- "John Henry"
The Wreckers- "My Oh My"

I could like some Thin Lizzy as well.

The race is on Boomtown!

Did Jaguar ever come back?

Go to Top of Page

Jeronimo
Son of Swervedriver

USA
2064 Posts

Posted - 10/19/2006 :  5:10:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Go to Top of Page

interloper
Son of Swervedriver

USA
3330 Posts

Posted - 10/19/2006 :  6:39:23 PM  Show Profile  Send interloper a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Thin Lizzy fanatic here....

Go to Top of Page

hayseed
Driving Instructor

USA
764 Posts

Posted - 10/19/2006 :  7:46:33 PM  Show Profile  Visit hayseed's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Never Say Never - Romeo Void,

Followed by,

Never Say Never - QOTSA

Go to Top of Page

crozarey
Son of Swervedriver

Australia
2583 Posts

Posted - 10/19/2006 :  10:58:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ive been talking to Jags on myspace a bit. She apparently sent me some cdrs but i havent seen them yet. She has issues with mailing it seems. She said she would return when she gets time to give this place her required attention. Shes busy with her radio shows and what not. A bit like Moen who doesnt post much anymore, but is active on myspace. His Cardinals are in the world series now so hes PRETTY HAPPY im guessing.

Go the Cards!

Today only been listening to Pikul by Silversun Pickups, tadays favourite track -

Comeback Kid, in Jeronimo's honour

Go to Top of Page

Jeronimo
Son of Swervedriver

USA
2064 Posts

Posted - 10/20/2006 :  03:46:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm a Brewers fan myself but since the Tigers are in the hot seat they have my vote.

Too bad you only hear two Lizzy songs on the radio.

Thin Lizzy - "The Rocker"

AC/DC- "Touch Too Much"

I'm sure the loper will be pleased with that.

Go to Top of Page

boomer0127
Petroleum Spirit

USA
1443 Posts

Posted - 10/20/2006 :  07:48:51 AM  Show Profile  Visit boomer0127's Homepage  Send boomer0127 an AOL message  Send boomer0127 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
"Towers Were Wires" by Maserati

Can't stop listening to it. Amazing.

Go to Top of Page

boomer0127
Petroleum Spirit

USA
1443 Posts

Posted - 10/20/2006 :  08:07:41 AM  Show Profile  Visit boomer0127's Homepage  Send boomer0127 an AOL message  Send boomer0127 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Oh and Croz - I know you're a big fan of Maserati - the guy next to me at the show was taking pictures and he posted them to a flickr set here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/tastypiesinc/229582055/in/set-72157594260736905

pretty much my view of the show.

and youtube has 2 live vids and one new music video from the new album:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dXG2fHkv36U&eurl=

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 149 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: