Page: of 149

moenkopi46_2
Driving Instructor

USA
984 Posts

Posted - 08/13/2004 :  10:48:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by rocket

Moen - damn! I didn't read your question until this morning and I just mailed out your pack - yes I do have Dragline - (on CD too even) - I have their release after that too - but, it's on vinyl. Let me know if you want to get your paws on Paw and I'll hook ya up. I love that CD! - and always have. Many of the Lawrence bands were pissed about Paw having a hit song though - they didn't feel that they had been around long enough - or I also heard that they were spoiled kids with a bunch of great equipment. I never felt that way - and neither does my buddy that I jam with. He was friends with a couple of those dudes in college and talked a lot about music with them and partied with them... never said a bad thing about 'em.

I've got Death to Traitors on CD, be nice if I had the vinyl, and I've got their newest ep "Home Is a Strange Place."
Go to Top of Page

interloper
Son of Swervedriver

USA
3331 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2004 :  06:10:59 AM  Show Profile  Send interloper a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

thanks man! - I'll go exploring...
do you know anything more than what the article said 'loper?

Nope

Go to Top of Page

rocket

USA
3545 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2004 :  07:03:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah - the vinyl had a few extra tracks - it's the last record I have bought to date - it's all been CD's lately ( but if my car had a vinyl player I'd listen to them more)
I'm looking at my Death to Traitors double album now - here are the tracks:

Side One
1. No Such Luck
2. Seasoned Glove
3. Hope I Die Tonight
4. Swollen

Side Two
1. Last One
2. Death To Traitors
3. Built Low
4. Glue Mouth Kid

Side Three
1. Texas
2. Max the Silent
3. Sweet Sally Brown
4. Badger

Side Four
1. Peach
2. Sunflower
3. I Know Where You Sleep

One of my favorite tracks is Max the Silent. But, I really felt like this album was not near as great as Dragline. Dude - I didn't even know they had a new EP!! - or were still even writting together - I would love to hear it. What do you think of it?

s_w__e___r____v_____e______d_______r________i_________v___________e_____________r

www.myspace.com/blueshiftkc

http://blueshift-kc.bandcamp.com/

Edited by - rocket on 08/14/2004 07:05:06 AM
Go to Top of Page

Jeronimo
Son of Swervedriver

USA
2067 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2004 :  07:57:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Rjd2- "Final Frontier", "Ghostwriter"- Thanks crozarey.

We ride the warp of space into the womb of night.
Go to Top of Page

Jeronimo
Son of Swervedriver

USA
2067 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2004 :  09:09:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
[quote]Originally posted by crozarey

k so its we are all voting yes, weve got the facts, The Photo Album and Transatlanticism. Not bad that 4 lps get a recommendation.

I have a few Postal Service tracks here, but their version of Against All Odds, yes that tragic tune, is rank. Ill hunt some down anyway.

Is Jawbox similiar splinterloper? or are you just giving your current fav a nod? Im struggling to get the Belew lp you suggested.

today

Buck 65 - Leftfielder

Onya ppl.
[/quote

Lots of talk about DCFC. I've never heard Jawbox so I can't compare.
I do like "Transatlanticism" alot but it's very mellow at times. There are maybe 3 songs on the album that are upbeat. If thats not what you want then check out the other LPs. Good luck and let me know if I can hook ya up!

Go to Top of Page

moenkopi46_2
Driving Instructor

USA
984 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2004 :  7:48:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It looks like the vinyl "Death to Traitors" has one extra track. Their newest ep came out in 2000-01, something like that. It's good, but I like Dragline the best.
Go to Top of Page

rocket

USA
3545 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2004 :  9:05:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I should check and see what the Paw guys are up to I guess... I'm still surprised they put out an EP I didn't know about. Too bad they lost the guy that played a lot of the lead guitar off Dragline - he really made a difference in the songs - and the direction the songs had the potential to go to... I wonder if he went anywhere else and I just haven't heard.
You guys have heard me mention one of my old favorite bands I used to see live in college - the Unconcious. Well... another band we used to see all the time - that put on an incredible show - was the Eyes. Nothing they ever put on CD captured what they did live - but, even the CD's were good - and if this means anything - they actually had a video on MTV's 120 Minutes. Anyway.... my point is that like Paw - they had an incredible lead guitarist. I mean the shit he played was trully amazing AND he made it look sooooo easy. Well - to everyone who ever saw them play - it was a shock to hear they had broken up. Not long after that news, we found that the guitarist was playing rhythm guitar for the Phychedelic Furs. What can ya say... at least he could make a good living for a while. Don't get me wrong - I LOVE the Furs - but, guitar wise - IMHO the guitar playing fot the EYES was taking a BIG step down = the Furs never were a guitar based band. Well... the Eyes couldn't go on without the guitarist - and Paw - well... they haven't been the same since either - BUT, cheers to them for continuing to write and play music. They still put out some great stuff.

s_w__e___r____v_____e______d_______r________i_________v___________e_____________r

Edited by - rocket on 08/14/2004 9:13:18 PM
Go to Top of Page

crozarey
Son of Swervedriver

Australia
2583 Posts

Posted - 08/15/2004 :  02:37:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So now its Jawbox, Paw, The Unconcious AND The Eyes. Oh and thanks to who ever said there were more than one Nada Surf lp, I love the one i have, the one with Hi-Speed Soul on it.

and i just got into DCFC. Your right Jeronimofo, Transatlanticism is pretty mellow, the two singles, The New Year and Sounds OF Settling are pretty sunny and upbeat and MARVELOUS. The rest while great are pretty slow in comparison, and thats a shame. I have 3 more lps to check out however... Plus the above 5 bands worth, man i need a holiday just to catch up with all the tunes. My god.

So those two singles will do as faves of the last 3 days.

Cheers also to page number 20 of this very informative thread! and also to rocketnotbrianlara for his smarty pants sig AND his 800th post due on his reply! Prolific dude!

"If all else fails, X equals 8" Alex P Keaton
Go to Top of Page

crozarey
Son of Swervedriver

Australia
2583 Posts

Posted - 08/15/2004 :  02:40:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
and the shins, cool track bradsneighbourneidentity

and keen ARRRRGHH

Edited by - crozarey on 08/15/2004 02:43:28 AM
Go to Top of Page

moenkopi46_2
Driving Instructor

USA
984 Posts

Posted - 08/15/2004 :  3:03:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If you want a more rockin' DCFC track, Crotch, check out "We Laugh Indoors" from The Photo Album. Now I've gotta go find my album, that's my song of the day.
Go to Top of Page

crozarey
Son of Swervedriver

Australia
2583 Posts

Posted - 08/16/2004 :  12:44:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
its a great track Moe. Still has the clear vocals but the drums are amped up higher which makes a huge difference.

Onya

Go to Top of Page

rocket

USA
3545 Posts

Posted - 08/16/2004 :  07:48:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Croz - I only have the Unconcious and the Eyes on tape or I would hook ya up...
for the Eyes - look for "Freedom in a Cage" - their 2nd CD was a bit boring due to production and label heads pushin' their ideas. I talked to the singer about it and he said they were floored when they heard what those guys did to the sound in the mixing - totally ruined most of the shit! - they didn't have enough control.
for the Unconcious - look for their Live performance CD
If you want - I can make a note to hit you with Dragline on our next round.
Also - I have every Nada Surf and highly recommend them all! I put an oldie on the "B.K. Rocks" mix that I made and sent to ya a while ago (on our very first trade!). ...actually - did I send B.K. Rocks to you?

Edited by - rocket on 08/16/2004 08:02:21 AM
Go to Top of Page

rocket

USA
3545 Posts

Posted - 08/16/2004 :  09:25:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

BTW - I am listening to the newest Perfect Circle CD and got up to the song "The Nurse Who Loved Me" which I first heard sung by Failure - and I assume it was Failure who wrote that track. (the Perfect Circle version basically sucks in comparison... ) Curious - I jumped on over to Amazon to see what listeners thought of that track - nobody seems to realize it is a Failure song - nor do they seem to like it...
I was just curious if any of the Failure fans here were aware of Perfect Circle covering that little tune.

Go to Top of Page

moenkopi46_2
Driving Instructor

USA
984 Posts

Posted - 08/16/2004 :  10:09:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

BTW - I am listening to the newest Perfect Circle CD and got up to the song "The Nurse Who Loved Me" which I first heard sung by Failure - and I assume it was Failure who wrote that track. (the Perfect Circle version basically sucks in comparison... ) Curious - I jumped on over to Amazon to see what listeners thought of that track - nobody seems to realize it is a Failure song - nor do they seem to like it...
I was just curious if any of the Failure fans here were aware of Perfect Circle covering that little tune.

Maynard and Ken Andrews from Failure are good friends. Failure has opened for Tool, and most of the recent APC shows had Year of the Rabbit as the opener. I have a few shows where Ken comes out to sing on "Nurse," and they play it heavier than on the album. Much better version in my opinion, still not as good as the original though. Has anyone heard of Replicants? It's an album featuring members of Failure, Lusk, and Zaum doing slightly heavier and dirtier cover songs. One of my favorite albums, some of the highlights are covers of The Cars, Neil Young, John Lennon, David Bowie, Pink Floyd and Maynard sings on "Silly Love Songs" by Paul McCartney. Cool Album. I've got a track or two on upcoming comps.

So Rocket, is this your first time through A Perfect Circle's new one? That album is incredible. When you get to Gravity, turn it up.

Edited by - moenkopi46_2 on 08/16/2004 10:11:36 AM
Go to Top of Page

rocket

USA
3545 Posts

Posted - 08/16/2004 :  10:38:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah dude - I'm just back from lunch and I'm on Gravity right now...
This is my first time through - I really like it a lot - possibly more than the first one - but, time will tell. I new I could count on you for the info. Cool stuff ya got there! I should check out the Replicants disk you mentioned... a couple years ago I stumbled upon Lusk at the Public Library and picked it up simply because the name sounded familiar and the cover looked kind of cool - very pleasant surprise - I 've picked up a lot of total shit going by those same guidlines. Anyway, I really like that Lusk album a lot - I never would have guessed the connection between the 3 bands...
... the Gravity tune was great!

Edited by - rocket on 08/16/2004 10:39:10 AM
Go to Top of Page

moenkopi46_2
Driving Instructor

USA
984 Posts

Posted - 08/16/2004 :  10:58:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Paul D'Amour, one of the two guys in Lusk, was the original bass player for Tool. I could get into a whole family tree, but that could get boring.

I think the fact that The Thirteenth Step is more of a concept album makes it much more cohesive. These songs seem more connected. I like the new one more than the first, but by a narrow margin.

Edited by - moenkopi46_2 on 08/16/2004 11:01:17 AM
Go to Top of Page

rocket

USA
3545 Posts

Posted - 08/16/2004 :  11:15:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i like family trees... (i just read about the original Tool bass player being in Lusk - I never would have imagined that one!)

Edited by - rocket on 08/16/2004 11:16:43 AM
Go to Top of Page

Jeronimo
Son of Swervedriver

USA
2067 Posts

Posted - 08/16/2004 :  4:01:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Duel- The whole album kicks major ass. Lots of Swervie influence but thats a good thing!

I listened to the Underworld Cd from Croz a bit this weekend. Its great when your busy doing house chores or shagging( Well, I think it prolly is)

Go to Top of Page

rocket

USA
3545 Posts

Posted - 08/16/2004 :  8:35:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by interloper

There are indeed advantages to group efforts. My problem over the years was a lack of tolerance for other people's bullshit, so it kind of forced me to do my own thing. The right collective situation never presented itself that often. I've countlessly found myself in the situation of .."well, that's all over with because so and so is a fuck...what now?...well, fuck em...I can do stuff alone". Im hugely fascinated with the notion of creatively working around certain hinderances. It also helps to have computer ability and the right software. As far as what's better..who cares...that's too subjective of an argument. I'd never discount either and besides, the only thing that matters is the end result.

It's not "my" band, but I love my new playing situation because the guys are extremely capable musicians so the playing field is wide open, and they want me to write equally. A swell bunch they are.

no doubt Interloper - one of the hardest things about writing music in a band situation is finding people that you can be friends with, who have the same interests, and who play something other than guitar - ha ha. Seriously, that's why I'm loving playing with my friends right now = although we have some different interests - for the most part we are into the same music vibe - we all have different strengths - and we are all open to collaberating. I also agree that the computer is a great tool for experimenting and writting and playing - I have learned a lot about it's potential by watching my buddy program some drum tracks and work on mixing and guitar sounds - I really need to learn more about it for my own home use. It would be great to say "yeah - I think the drum could have this tempo or fill - and actually play the tune from the sample - instead of fumbling through trying to speak "try something like dun dun bam bam bam bam splash..." - ya know?

Go to Top of Page

crozarey
Son of Swervedriver

Australia
2583 Posts

Posted - 08/17/2004 :  03:03:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
its great for shagging Jburner. It really is, i have the perfect groove with Underworld and the bedsprings going.

Today its been a Six By Seven frenzy with So CLose the fav off The Way I Feel Today.
Its interesting to see another great shoegazer-like pommy band get shafted by the record companies. They have also been described as a sleepy Swervedriver. The track i sent you was released as a single by there new record company, but they havent allowed them to produce anything other than that single. the single being a lot more slick with its production than the earlier stuff. Im loving them lately.

Go to Top of Page

crozarey
Son of Swervedriver

Australia
2583 Posts

Posted - 08/17/2004 :  03:22:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Rocketsurfer, BK ROCKS!!!! yeah i still play that comp regularly - its excellent - im listening to it now again and your so right about the Nada's - they are rockin harder than most of the stuff ive found lately. Im going back to the lp Popular came out on. That was the first NS track i ever heard and i just loved it and its clip.

Go to Top of Page

bradsneighbor
Swervelette

10 Posts

Posted - 08/17/2004 :  10:36:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Rogue Wave-Every Moment.

Once again, a little softcore for a Swervedriver board, but did I mention I saw MUSE the other day, and was blown away by all of their British Heavyness. The lead singer sounds a lot like Thom Yorke, but as if he was fronting a no-nonsense Smashing Pumpkins, or maybe even Swervedriver without the space.....
Go to Top of Page

rocket

USA
3545 Posts

Posted - 08/18/2004 :  3:01:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Today...
Voyager One - "Ready. Reset."
off - Monster Zero

Go to Top of Page

Jeronimo
Son of Swervedriver

USA
2067 Posts

Posted - 08/18/2004 :  5:21:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Duel- "Wisher" Incredible amounts of Swervedriver influence. I'm stuck on it.

Also, one of my favorite Swervedriver tracks- "Sci-Flyer" Maybe its the subject matter that I dig. I think its the ultimate way to start an album though.

The Magnet tune from Croz as well.

Get your copies of Underworld boys! If ya need shagging gear. Its Croz approved!

Go to Top of Page

crozarey
Son of Swervedriver

Australia
2583 Posts

Posted - 08/19/2004 :  02:01:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So ive been digging Adrian Belew. Op Zop... its one weird bunch of tracks. What did he do before his solo stuff? isnt he part of King Crimson? All i know of them is the few tracks ppl have added to their comps which i liked but didnt stand out from that A crowd. Is he playing all instruments? Singing? What?

Also played The Shins LP - Chutes Too Narrow. The first three tracks are singles of the radio here which i hadnt named the band for. SO Says I - SOng of the day for me, its a cracker.

Im sure itll get superceded by one of rocketdoctor's gems off Burnies 2 however.....

Plus 6 by 7!!!! you guys are gonna love THE CLOSER YOU GET

Go to Top of Page

interloper
Son of Swervedriver

USA
3331 Posts

Posted - 08/19/2004 :  05:36:36 AM  Show Profile  Send interloper a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Belew's career began when Frank Zappa saw him and asked him to join his band. As far as Crimson, they've been a band since the late 60's. Belew didn't join until the early 80's I believe. And yeah, generally, if he's on a Crimson record, he's the one singing.

Go to Top of Page

Jeronimo
Son of Swervedriver

USA
2067 Posts

Posted - 08/21/2004 :  08:32:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Rjd2- Ghostwriter
Gandharvas- Downtime
Stone Roses- Fools Gold

John Prine- Aw Heck

Go to Top of Page

Scott in Maine
Assistant Driver

USA
105 Posts

Posted - 08/21/2004 :  2:19:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
"Lepiodetera" (sp?) by Bedhead (7th song on "Transaction de Novo") - without a doubt, the most beautiful 3.5 minutes ever committed to CD/LP... And also anything off the two New Year CDs.
Go to Top of Page

crozarey
Son of Swervedriver

Australia
2583 Posts

Posted - 08/22/2004 :  02:26:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Broken Social Scene - Guilty Cubicles

and cool tracks all around it off Feel Good Lost

Go to Top of Page

moenkopi46_2
Driving Instructor

USA
984 Posts

Posted - 08/22/2004 :  10:06:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just found out that Helmet and Living Colour both released albums this year! What the fuck is going on? If they can pull it off, the SWD boys should be able to.
Go to Top of Page

james
Assistant Driver

194 Posts

Posted - 08/22/2004 :  11:45:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
AAA
Go to Top of Page

interloper
Son of Swervedriver

USA
3331 Posts

Posted - 08/22/2004 :  12:34:02 PM  Show Profile  Send interloper a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
The new Helmet is awful. I bet the new Living Colour is too, but then again, I've never like them much at all anyway.

Go to Top of Page

rocket

USA
3545 Posts

Posted - 08/22/2004 :  8:08:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

I have little doubt that the new Living Colour is horrible - but, only because the only album of theirs I ever really like was the first... they kept getting worse. And the guy who is supposed to be such a great guitarist really isn't - in my opinion.
Helmet? I'd be pissed if they are trying to pull off some kind of 3 Doors Down bullshit!!!
But, the real point is (like Moen said...) - Why can't the greatest band of all time pull off another CD?!!

Go to Top of Page

crozarey
Son of Swervedriver

Australia
2583 Posts

Posted - 08/23/2004 :  02:25:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Interloper, man i have listened to the Jawbox lp called Grippe.... I cannot see the relation between them and DCFC at all. It sounds a lot more punky and the vocals are way different, imho. Not a bad thing though, I dont have much punk, mainly coz its another genre i dont have time to spend on though it would no doubt give me pleasure if i did. I do have some Porkers here you might like, if you have heard of them?? I have no idea how famous they are but HotDog Daquiri could be one i zip and yahoo to ya if your keen at all.

If theres one band i hate its living fuckin colour *spew*

james - what do you mean AAA? when i look at your post the middle A looks bigger than the others which is freakin me out, i need to go get my eyes checked big time.

Favourite song today has been;

The Postal Service - Such Great Heights - Moefoe, this is a cool cd, the vocals are what i really like about them - onya

Go to Top of Page

rocket

USA
3545 Posts

Posted - 08/23/2004 :  07:33:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

This rainy morning...
Radiohead - "Go to Sleep" and "Where I End and You Begin"
off - Hail to the Thief

Go to Top of Page

interloper
Son of Swervedriver

USA
3331 Posts

Posted - 08/23/2004 :  09:12:46 AM  Show Profile  Send interloper a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Guided by Voices - Sleep over Jack.

Like em or not, this new/final LP is fucking amazing. This song in particular slays.

Go to Top of Page

james
Assistant Driver

194 Posts

Posted - 08/23/2004 :  10:18:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
crozary too funny...

AAA - paul westerberg... I "A"in't got nothin, for "AAA"nyone, "AAA"nymore.

I love the intro and all the guitar bits in the middle...it's a one day song, hear it once lasts the day.
Go to Top of Page

Eugene
Petroleum Spirit

USA
1640 Posts

Posted - 08/23/2004 :  11:16:46 AM  Show Profile  Visit Eugene's Homepage  Click to see Eugene's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
And the guy who is supposed to be such a great guitarist really isn't - in my opinion.

Rocket, that would be Vernon Reid, and he actually is a great player, but he is really more of a jazz fusion player, so when he plays rock, things get a little "out there". I'm not wild about his playing with Living Color, but I've heard him in other contexts and he is really a virtuoso. I"ve found that many, but not all of the fusion or pure jazz players, skilled to the max as they are, cannot..simply cannot do convincing rock or blues playing. David Gilmore, they guy who used to play with Lost Tribe, is a true exception. He can really rip...all styles, no problemo, and same with Adam Rogers (the other axe-man with Lost Tribe). I have a CD with Vernon playing on one of Geri Allen's CD's (jazz pianist), and he plays some excellent things, so...maybe it's the context of his stuff with Living Color that doesn't appeal to you?
Gene

www.eugenebenjamin.com

Edited by - Eugene on 08/23/2004 11:17:17 AM
Go to Top of Page

rocket

USA
3545 Posts

Posted - 08/23/2004 :  11:17:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

"AAA"

weird - I thought that it was 3 snow capped mountains...

Edited by - rocket on 08/23/2004 11:19:43 AM
Go to Top of Page

rocket

USA
3545 Posts

Posted - 08/23/2004 :  11:41:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
O.K. Eugene. True. I'm sure that it is probably just the context that has now turned me off a bit to Vernon - I should really listen to the CD again (it's been at least a good 10 years) and although I loved it at the time - now "cult of personality" seems a bit booring... and the only other thing I remeber is the opening vocal line of "what's your favorite color baby?" - which seems cheesy... Then, the album I heard after that - "Stain" pretty much just boored me - but, I stuck with it at the time because I really loved "Vivid". Stain has one of the most rediculous songs I have ever heard ="Bi". But, in general I don't really remember most of it. Here is what I do remember. Vernon Reids' style for a solo guitar line was nothing but a bunch of noise followed by stretching one or two strings and then a bunch more noise. Nothing finessed about it at all - no for thought - no direction - just damn noise = boorrrrrrring. Compared to a rock guitarist like Dave Nivarro - or perhaps a bit closer in genre Hillel (RHCP - Uplift Mo Fo Party Plan) or Fishbone of that era - Vernon was nothing extraordinary at all. He did come up with some good riffs though - and I would love to hear him out of the rock realm. Thanks for saying something Eugene - I think I will pull out my old tape and give it another listen.

Edited by - rocket on 08/23/2004 11:55:53 AM
Go to Top of Page

Jeronimo
Son of Swervedriver

USA
2067 Posts

Posted - 08/23/2004 :  5:22:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I pulled out Interlopers round one this weekend. Glad I did. The Frank Black was just what I needed to hear. The Enon still rocks balls as well.

Go to Top of Page

moenkopi46_2
Driving Instructor

USA
984 Posts

Posted - 08/23/2004 :  5:54:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
After Boomer's great first mix, I put in the saccharine sweet goodness of Ween's White Pepper, and ate the whole damn thing.
Go to Top of Page

crozarey
Son of Swervedriver

Australia
2583 Posts

Posted - 08/24/2004 :  02:59:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
roctheprehistoricbird man WAB2 is getting a thrashing. The old Gish track Tristessa is awe inspiring, thanks for the refresher in SM. The Rain Band is a cracker and my fav of the day has been the Bird 3 track Research Man. Its good some cool repetitive chorus, which im a fan for coz then i can sing in the car with it (thats the only safe place for me to sing!) as its not hard to learn :) And it has that interesting quiet part, i like them also.

Wheat are going to be looked into next, they are perfect for a sunny arvo drive through the wheatbelt i live in.

I liked yougenemetarzan's description of the Granharvas track, I see it more so in The Fire Theft's work. Great Stuff!

Cant get into Muse at all, too theatrical for my porch ears. I need seed.

South is unreal - you have put some great tracks of theirs on, whats a good starting point for them brocket?

Go to Top of Page

rocket

USA
3545 Posts

Posted - 08/24/2004 :  08:05:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Cool Croz - South have 2 CD's. Both are incredible and they are one of my favorite "new" bands. Go ahead and start with their newer one - With the Tides... then after you have heard it, and fallin insanely in love with it, and decided you must get more South - then get their first. The first is a bit longer and more stripped down raw in many instances - but, equally incredible and mind blowing. Glad you are likin' the tunes!

Moe - did you already get a pack from the Boom box? I need to get my ass in gear and get his out!

Go to Top of Page

moenkopi46_2
Driving Instructor

USA
984 Posts

Posted - 08/24/2004 :  08:26:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I downloaded most of With the Tides to see if I'd like it. Pretty fantastic.
Go to Top of Page

rocket

USA
3545 Posts

Posted - 08/24/2004 :  09:47:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

I can hook ya ifin' ya want me ta?

Go to Top of Page

rocket

USA
3545 Posts

Posted - 08/24/2004 :  2:57:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
BTW - the South song from "Mix 2003" is from "From Here On In" and the song from "Burnies Volume 2" is from "With the Tides"
* oh yeah - and the South tune from "Raise Feeling" is from "With the Tides" too.

Edited by - rocket on 08/25/2004 10:18:01 AM
Go to Top of Page

interloper
Son of Swervedriver

USA
3331 Posts

Posted - 08/24/2004 :  7:08:09 PM  Show Profile  Send interloper a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Zen Guerrilla - Dirty Jewel

This band is fucking incredible. Pure Stooges-esque rock. Anyone into these guys? They've been around forever, and besides they have one of the greatest bands names in history.

Go to Top of Page

crozarey
Son of Swervedriver

Australia
2583 Posts

Posted - 08/25/2004 :  02:26:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Plastilina Mosh - Te lo juro por madonna

Crazy high enrgy mexican outfit from my mate Bukowski. I swapped a design book and a copy of W.A.B. 2 with him and was rewarded with an amazing package of a mexican installation artists gallery show book and 2 cds. They are great but one of the best things about them is the packaging itself. He has drawn all over it and left some great mexican type and made his own cd covers also. Im impressed. If your into P. Mosh or interested let me know and ill hook ya up. Didya see any mexican tunes whilst there el Rocketina?

Go to Top of Page

rocket

USA
3545 Posts

Posted - 08/25/2004 :  07:32:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No... only the sweet tune of surf rolling up onto the beach....

Interzener - only heard the Zen Guerilla that you put on your first Burnies round - awsome stuff. I have said before that they remind me of one of my local favorites of old - Sin City Desciples.

Edited by - rocket on 08/25/2004 10:15:19 AM
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 149 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Swervedriver Discussion Forums © swervedriver Go To Top Of Page
thispagewasswervedrivenin0.27seconds. Snitz Forums 2000