Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 149

jamesg

USA
1261 Posts

Posted - 08/25/2005 :  06:11:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just had a quick look at the site and I guess the encryption could be hidden by what looks like a flash or shockwave front end... I'm with you though, If there is no SSL I'm hesitant to put my numbers in too. I'll do some poking around later and see if there is somewhere else we can order this from (checked amazon, no luck).
Go to Top of Page

boomer0127
Petroleum Spirit

USA
1443 Posts

Posted - 08/25/2005 :  07:40:31 AM  Show Profile  Visit boomer0127's Homepage  Send boomer0127 an AOL message  Send boomer0127 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by fxhosa

Fault Line - BRMC (off Howl)

There's been a bit of talk of BRMC's latest album - after 1 or 2 listens (bought it last night), I think it's pretty good. Definately a cut back sound from previous 2 albums but it's still very BRMC. I think Peter Hayes is getting back to his BJM roots (he's a former guitarist of the band) as there are quite a few songs that sound BJM-ish.

There's a somewhat "positive" review of Howl here:
http://www.kingblind.com/2005_08_01_michiganblind_archive.html#112489993065216377

I'm still cryin' in my cheerios over this "turn" in their career, however.

http://boomer0127.googlepages.com/home
http://www.last.fm/user/boomer0127
Go to Top of Page

rocket

USA
3545 Posts

Posted - 08/25/2005 :  07:42:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Later Croz - have a great time brother! I'll look forward to hearin about the trip.

anyone heard the newest Supergrass?

yeah - I want the Sianspheric best of too...

Today...
Elbow - "Scattered Black and Whites"
off - Asleep in the Back

It's raining... and I feel lazy... so, this is perfect.

s_w__e___r____v_____e______d_______r________i_________v___________e_____________r

www.myspace.com/blueshiftkc

http://blueshift-kc.bandcamp.com/
Go to Top of Page

interloper
Son of Swervedriver

USA
3331 Posts

Posted - 08/25/2005 :  09:01:56 AM  Show Profile  Send interloper a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Rocket, if you speak of that Other Planets Supergrass LP, I didn't really dig it. The couple before that are great though. In it for the Money is real good.

Go to Top of Page

rocket

USA
3545 Posts

Posted - 08/25/2005 :  09:39:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

thanks Lope
all I have are:
In It for the Money - '97
and
Supergreass - '00
I really love both!
I got some spam this morning about a new one called "Road to Rouen" - and there are a bunch of boots available on Napster...

s_w__e___r____v_____e______d_______r________i_________v___________e_____________r

Go to Top of Page

hayseed
Driving Instructor

USA
765 Posts

Posted - 08/25/2005 :  11:01:26 AM  Show Profile  Visit hayseed's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Supergrass is 10 is a great album.

If life is but a dream, wake me.

Go to Top of Page

rocket

USA
3545 Posts

Posted - 08/25/2005 :  11:42:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

I've got a question - Is there anything that either of you actually DON'T have?

Go to Top of Page

Zedhead
Assistant Driver

USA
112 Posts

Posted - 08/25/2005 :  11:57:15 AM  Show Profile  Send Zedhead an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Guns and Dolls - Chris Whitley. Might be strange in contrast, but Chris is my number 2 of all time. (Swervedriver being first of course!)

"That boy sure does like his whammy bar..."
Go to Top of Page

MezcalTed
Assistant Driver

Canada
164 Posts

Posted - 08/25/2005 :  4:11:10 PM  Show Profile  Click to see MezcalTed's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jamesg
I just had a quick look at the site and I guess the encryption could be hidden by what looks like a flash or shockwave front end... I'm with you though, If there is no SSL I'm hesitant to put my numbers in too.
Bizarre, great minds think alike. I popped in 'Somnium' & thought I really should order that 'RGB' compilation from these guys. I checked the forum for a link to Sonic Unyon to get it & low n' behold I see you guys have beat me to this.
To let you know, I phoned Sonic Unyon just before 6 local time... the guy that does internet orders already left for the day. However the guy I did talk to was surprised that the address didn't start with 'https' to show it has SSL... he swears its a secure site. Anyhow taking his advise & I'm gonna call tomorrow to talk to the proper person. I'll post whatever I find out. ...And of all things I couldn't just give them my credit card over the phone to order... holy crap are we deep in the internet age now or what?

BTW - song of the day is 'Needle' Sianspheric - off 'Somnium' ...kinda has a Slowdive meets Soundgarden thing happening here.

Oh, and have a great time Croz-it-monster. Don't break a leg! Words of ski wisdom: rearranging shrubbery with your face is not advised.

Those darker forces just ain't real
Go to Top of Page

em
Assistant Driver

USA
159 Posts

Posted - 08/26/2005 :  06:34:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Fave song today:

"Chromakey Dreamcoat" - from Boards of Canada's forthcoming LP titled "The Campfire Headphase".

I don't know how these guys do it; music that makes me feel nostalgic, but I've definitely never heard it (or anything quite like it) before. Almost like it hypnotizes and pulls happy, sad, and twisted childhood memories from the subconscious, but the "memories" remain completely fuzzy and unfamiliar. . .or something like that.

Beeeautiful LP!

"you, too, can exist in your very own parallel time" -the watchmaker
Go to Top of Page

boomer0127
Petroleum Spirit

USA
1443 Posts

Posted - 08/26/2005 :  06:48:46 AM  Show Profile  Visit boomer0127's Homepage  Send boomer0127 an AOL message  Send boomer0127 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Relatively short train commute this morning (no 10 min of sittin' on the tracks for no apparent reason):

Behind the Scenes and the Sound of the Times - SWD
La Villa Strangiato (live) - Rush
Dogs - Pink Floyd

When You Sleep - MBV is cued (queued?) up for the trip home.

Go to Top of Page

interloper
Son of Swervedriver

USA
3331 Posts

Posted - 08/26/2005 :  07:23:32 AM  Show Profile  Send interloper a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Made into a movie - ZZ Top

Some of the greatest guitar tone I've ever heard.

Go to Top of Page

rocket

USA
3545 Posts

Posted - 08/26/2005 :  08:43:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Today...
The Life and Times - "Skateland"
off - Suburban Hymns

Go to Top of Page

Zedhead
Assistant Driver

USA
112 Posts

Posted - 08/26/2005 :  12:03:32 PM  Show Profile  Send Zedhead an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Oh god, it's such an 'Up From the Sea' day here...

Tonight's my big first gig. I'm so excited.

Go to Top of Page

jamesg

USA
1261 Posts

Posted - 08/26/2005 :  12:24:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good luck bro!

Man if I had a song for the day it would probably be some Rollins Band or something of the like. Its been a truely sucktacular day here at work.

Edited by - jamesg on 08/26/2005 12:25:39 PM
Go to Top of Page

rocket

USA
3545 Posts

Posted - 08/26/2005 :  1:09:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

ditto jamesg - It's almost 3 fuckin' 30 and I just now got all of my network connections and email problems figured out...
I should just leave...

Have a blast Zedhead - give us all the details when you get a chance.

Go to Top of Page

interloper
Son of Swervedriver

USA
3331 Posts

Posted - 08/27/2005 :  06:04:41 AM  Show Profile  Send interloper a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Eagles of Death Metal - Bad Dream Momma

Can't wait for another lp.

Go to Top of Page

hayseed
Driving Instructor

USA
765 Posts

Posted - 08/27/2005 :  10:27:04 AM  Show Profile  Visit hayseed's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by interloper

Eagles of Death Metal - Bad Dream Momma

Can't wait for another lp.

Death by Sexy is supposed to be out very soon. I cant wait either. Im gay for Josh Homme and anything that he has his fingerprints on. Speaking of which, Im currently listening to a remix that he did of DFA 1979's Romantic Rights. Awesome shit.

Go to Top of Page

GuitarPlayer
Swervelette

USA
16 Posts

Posted - 08/27/2005 :  5:42:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
UMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

OHH

my favorite song would have to be freaking ummmmmmm
"Symphony of Destruction" by Megadeth
Go to Top of Page

Zedhead
Assistant Driver

USA
112 Posts

Posted - 08/27/2005 :  8:29:27 PM  Show Profile  Send Zedhead an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the support guys! The show went incredibly well, it was such a natural high... I think It'll become a lifelong addiction (hopefully!) I thought I'd freeze up, but I really felt more relaxed than I even did at practice that day. Probably helped that the lights were so blinding I couldn't see anyone! Maaan... Cranking an amp that loud and plugging in my jazzmaster, it was a whole new feeling. Any who... Thanks again guys, I love this board.

Today it's Liquid - Pale Saints - off of 'In Ribbons' what a friggin great album!

Go to Top of Page

moenkopi46_2
Driving Instructor

USA
984 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2005 :  10:57:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I bought Minus the Bear's new album before I started my 18 hour ride home from Yellowstone. I listened to it 7 times through before I took it out to hear some Autolux and Terra Diablo (thanks Rocket) then I put Minus the Bear back in again. Fucking fantastic!!!
Go to Top of Page

hayseed
Driving Instructor

USA
765 Posts

Posted - 08/29/2005 :  3:29:45 PM  Show Profile  Visit hayseed's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Welcome back moenkopi! Glad I read this because I just about sent my latest WAB to your Y-stone addy.

Go to Top of Page

jamesg

USA
1261 Posts

Posted - 08/30/2005 :  06:12:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
today for me neon lights glow - swervedriver
kinda surreal as I watch the clouds fly by from what remains of Katrina. my thoughts go out to all the folks in the gulf that got hit so hard.
Go to Top of Page

interloper
Son of Swervedriver

USA
3331 Posts

Posted - 08/30/2005 :  07:21:56 AM  Show Profile  Send interloper a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Yeah, same here. Katrina was really bad. At one point, they thought New Orleans wasn't gonna exist afterwards, but it was spared. We're starting to get the remnants just now where I'm at.

Go to Top of Page

boomer0127
Petroleum Spirit

USA
1443 Posts

Posted - 08/30/2005 :  07:39:39 AM  Show Profile  Visit boomer0127's Homepage  Send boomer0127 an AOL message  Send boomer0127 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
It was tornado warning-o-rama last night in ATL. Not exactly fun, but nowhere near as bad at 10K folks with no homes for a few months.

Song of the day:

The Life and Times - "The Flat End of the Earth"

Still sulking about missing their show here next week. Come back soon, dang it!

Go to Top of Page

interloper
Son of Swervedriver

USA
3331 Posts

Posted - 08/30/2005 :  09:44:47 AM  Show Profile  Send interloper a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Suicide - Girl

One of my favorite records of all time. The beginning of this was sampled and slowed down on the beginning of a SWD b-side. I can't remember which one.

Go to Top of Page

hayseed
Driving Instructor

USA
765 Posts

Posted - 08/30/2005 :  10:46:20 AM  Show Profile  Visit hayseed's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Today its Planes Over The Skyline by you know who.

Go to Top of Page

Jeronimo
Son of Swervedriver

USA
2067 Posts

Posted - 08/30/2005 :  12:16:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Pollyanna- Big Bully

Isotope 217- "Phonometrics"

We ride the warp of space into the womb of night.
Go to Top of Page

interloper
Son of Swervedriver

USA
3331 Posts

Posted - 08/30/2005 :  2:51:35 PM  Show Profile  Send interloper a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
2 minutes to midnight - IRON MAIDEN!!!

Go to Top of Page

boomer0127
Petroleum Spirit

USA
1443 Posts

Posted - 08/31/2005 :  05:51:03 AM  Show Profile  Visit boomer0127's Homepage  Send boomer0127 an AOL message  Send boomer0127 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Only heard 2 songs on this morning's train ride but they were great:

"Cortez the Killer" - Neil Young and Crazy Horse off Live Rust
"10/3/79" - Sianspheric off Else

Head...still...spinning...

Go to Top of Page

MezcalTed
Assistant Driver

Canada
164 Posts

Posted - 08/31/2005 :  07:23:11 AM  Show Profile  Click to see MezcalTed's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Finally ordered thier 'RGB' DVD (see new post) so in that vein...

"This All Happened" Sianspheric, off 'Aspirin Age'

Go to Top of Page

rocket

USA
3545 Posts

Posted - 08/31/2005 :  07:51:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow - I get the flu and don't check in for a few days and daaaang - I've got some catching up to do! Most will have to wait for tonight though...
Plus, my monitor at home died - but, I'm borrowing another one from a friend - unfortunately - it's not near as good....

Today...
The Grifters - "Fixed In The Sky"
off - Ain't My Lookout
such a cool little instrumental thrown in as the 2nd to last song on the disk...

hi Moen - welcome back my friend. I hope this means you'll be around more!
hi Jeronimo

Edited by - rocket on 08/31/2005 07:52:36 AM
Go to Top of Page

interloper
Son of Swervedriver

USA
3331 Posts

Posted - 08/31/2005 :  08:49:04 AM  Show Profile  Send interloper a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Grifters are so good, and like a certain other band, so overlooked.

Edited by - interloper on 08/31/2005 10:02:15 AM
Go to Top of Page

interloper
Son of Swervedriver

USA
3331 Posts

Posted - 08/31/2005 :  10:02:55 AM  Show Profile  Send interloper a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
The Cannonball Adderly Quintet and Orchestra (w/Joe Zawinal)

Experience in E

Go to Top of Page

hayseed
Driving Instructor

USA
765 Posts

Posted - 08/31/2005 :  10:21:25 AM  Show Profile  Visit hayseed's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Flood - Tool

One of my all time favorite songs.

Go to Top of Page

chris

United Kingdom
1051 Posts

Posted - 08/31/2005 :  4:56:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Diana Ross & The Supremes - I hear a symphony.

Interloper , Night Ranger are awesome. Dawn Patrol has to be one of the greatest debuts this side of Raise. And Midnight Madness is Mezcal Head to its Raise. And 7 wishes is deffo their ESR. funnily enough Big Life is their 99th Dream. Now if only Swervedriver would reform and tour extensively like NR did. I wish Night Ranger would tour the UK, and Rick Springfield. I'm not kidding.

http://www.last.fm/user/pinky_blue
Go to Top of Page

MezcalTed
Assistant Driver

Canada
164 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2005 :  05:40:12 AM  Show Profile  Click to see MezcalTed's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Doin' the flip-side today...
"The Streets That Spin Off" - Toshack Highway, off 'Magnetic Morning'

Go to Top of Page

hayseed
Driving Instructor

USA
765 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2005 :  07:57:10 AM  Show Profile  Visit hayseed's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Today, I Wanna Rock - Twisted Sister

The perfect song on the way home from a blistering 18 hour night/morning shift.

Go to Top of Page

interloper
Son of Swervedriver

USA
3331 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2005 :  09:58:47 AM  Show Profile  Send interloper a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by chris

Diana Ross & The Supremes - I hear a symphony.

Interloper , Night Ranger are awesome. Dawn Patrol has to be one of the greatest debuts this side of Raise. And Midnight Madness is Mezcal Head to its Raise. And 7 wishes is deffo their ESR. funnily enough Big Life is their 99th Dream. Now if only Swervedriver would reform and tour extensively like NR did. I wish Night Ranger would tour the UK, and Rick Springfield. I'm not kidding.

Fucking amazing. You paralleled the careers of Night Ranger and Swervedriver. Damn, that made my day.

Go to Top of Page

rocket

USA
3545 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2005 :  1:27:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Today...
Pedro the Lion - "Rehearsal"
off - Control

Go to Top of Page

interloper
Son of Swervedriver

USA
3331 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2005 :  4:04:09 PM  Show Profile  Send interloper a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Saw the most hair raising documentary on Coltrane a couple of weeks ago, and ever since, all my Trane records have taken turns on the table at length. Today I'll go with "Out of this World".

Go to Top of Page

MezcalTed
Assistant Driver

Canada
164 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2005 :  05:01:27 AM  Show Profile  Click to see MezcalTed's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
"Stars and Sons" - BSS, off 'You Forgot It In People'

Go to Top of Page

interloper
Son of Swervedriver

USA
3331 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2005 :  06:24:09 AM  Show Profile  Send interloper a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
The RL Burnside boot that's on the dime right now.

Go to Top of Page

rocket

USA
3545 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2005 :  2:00:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Today...
BRMC - "The Line"
off - Howl

I got to agree with ya Boomer! -I do miss the days of the dark and sonic BRMC - but, in a much different way than their past efforts - this CD is still very very good. I don't think that it is necessarily a case of a band tyring on new shoes and NOT being able to pull it off - because these guys "pull off" this style and sound on Howl absolutely beautifully - and with that terrific BRMC edge! It's just that this particular musical style is not as close to my personal heart as their sonic and distorted music is... that's all. Just a difference in personal preference - not that they can't do it. On the other hand - this might be just the CD for some guys to hear and actually gain an appreciation for the sound they are making. I do think Howl will increase their audience in a certain way - and get the people off their back that think they are so stuck on an 80's Jesus and Mary Chain sound - (which I love!) because it shows a real dimension to their abilites. Howl really is full of well written, well played and strongly delivered tunes. The real question is - what will their next album be like? I guess a part of me wishes they would have done a Foo Fioghters bit = 1 acoustic - 1 balls out rock - double disk set.

Edited by - rocket on 09/04/2005 06:37:31 AM
Go to Top of Page

Eugene
Petroleum Spirit

USA
1640 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2005 :  8:20:43 PM  Show Profile  Visit Eugene's Homepage  Click to see Eugene's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by interloper

Saw the most hair raising documentary on Coltrane a couple of weeks ago, and ever since, all my Trane records have taken turns on the table at length. Today I'll go with "Out of this World".

Do you have First Meditations? One of my Coltrane favs. I think it was either the precursor or sequel to A Love Supreme.

www.eugenebenjamin.com
Go to Top of Page

interloper
Son of Swervedriver

USA
3331 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2005 :  05:07:59 AM  Show Profile  Send interloper a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Sure do Gene. I actually just re-acquired a copy of Live in Seattle, which is pretty pleasureably ballistic.

Go to Top of Page

moenkopi46_2
Driving Instructor

USA
984 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2005 :  1:07:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
"Lines" -- Feersum Ennjin

http://www.feersumennjin.com/

You can still hear some traces of Paul's Tool past in the bassline there.
Go to Top of Page

rocket

USA
3545 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2005 :  06:13:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey Moen - how do you like the new Minus the Bear?
A friend of mine has it - but, I still haven't had the chance to hear it.
They are playing in Lawrence (about an hour drive away) soon and I'm thinking about going - wish it was here in K.C. though.

Edited by - rocket on 09/04/2005 06:39:59 AM
Go to Top of Page

MezcalTed
Assistant Driver

Canada
164 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2005 :  11:20:42 AM  Show Profile  Click to see MezcalTed's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
OK might be questioning me on credability here...
'Xanadu' Rush, off 'A Farewell To Kings'
Actually heard them play this whole album side on a classic rock station... I forgot how much I loved Rush back in my young impressionable days :)

Go to Top of Page

interloper
Son of Swervedriver

USA
3331 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2005 :  12:39:35 PM  Show Profile  Send interloper a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Nah, Rush was quality. There's a chord progression on, I think Cygnus, that kills me.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 149 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Swervedriver Discussion Forums © swervedriver Go To Top Of Page
thispagewasswervedrivenin0.31seconds. Snitz Forums 2000