Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 149

rocket

USA
3545 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2005 :  2:53:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

yeah - we talked about it when it happened... I just figured you'd been too busy to make another one for me.
Unfortunately, it was the disk that looks like a record - I love those!
It was the mix that had Arcade Fire on it (Winter) - and at the time, I hadn't heard them yet so it was killing me!
but, I know there is a load of other great stuff that I still don't know...

s_w__e___r____v_____e______d_______r________i_________v___________e_____________r

www.myspace.com/blueshiftkc

http://blueshift-kc.bandcamp.com/
Go to Top of Page

interloper
Son of Swervedriver

USA
3330 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2005 :  3:36:33 PM  Show Profile  Send interloper a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Among the Living by Benchwarmer.

Damn good band from Pittisburg that I got to mix last night.

Go to Top of Page

Zedhead
Assistant Driver

USA
112 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2005 :  9:19:32 PM  Show Profile  Send Zedhead an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by rocket

anyway - I don't get the whole MySpace thing?
what exactly is all that shit on every page?
Like on the schooled in victory page - what's all the "friends of the band stuff?
Do people really make a picture of themselves and post it? or - does the band do that list? it seemed like some pages were just people that described their likes and dislikes... is that really what they are doing?
It all seems so foreign to me...
I'm actually really not joking - I could hardly stand lookin' around the place very much.
Some of the stuff I tried to look up it wouldn't let me because it said I needed to become a member - I almost signed up and then decided there might be too much shit involved...

Hey Rocket, this School in Victory band ain't bad! Their drummer is a machine! haha

Okay, I'll try my best to explain myspace! Basically it's a service you use to meet people like yourself on a local, national or world level, or to promote your company/music/blah blah...

When you get an account, you list your favorite bands, books, movies, heroes, etc... You can also list your interests, and who you'd like to meet. Finally you upload pictures of yourself and post a short 'about me.' Then, people can come to yer page page and ask to be your 'friend' if they have the same interests. If you accept their friend request (They don't have to be your friend, even if they ask to be... which is cool, because there are some crazy ones out there) then they can then leave messages on your profile, comment your pictures and so forth. There's also groups that you can join like 'Swervedriver Fans' and stuff like that.

It's a really great concept, but it's mostly used by teens who are looking for a hot date or have self esteem issues and want lots of 'friends' so they feel loved. Damn thing is, the people with like 38492 friends never really talk to any of them, and I haven't really met many interesting people because of my age.. I just get 'friend requests' from kids who seem to be carbon copies... It's really sad. Same bands, interests, excessive eyeliner... And they all name their pages names like "My heart was broken by you, so i killed myself" and horrible shit like that. Still, I've found lots and lots of great music, and the music is really the only reason I keep my account.

"That boy sure does like his whammy bar..."

Edited by - Zedhead on 05/06/2005 9:22:21 PM
Go to Top of Page

crozarey
Son of Swervedriver

Australia
2583 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2005 :  10:33:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ive been listening to Brooks' stuff he sent me. Off it my fav track is:
LCD Soundsystem - Yeah (pretentious Mix) I guess its called that coz its looooong. It doesnt sound much like the Crass Mix at all which is a good thing. This is an instrumental which i have a habit of liking.....might need a Fav Intrumental Thread soon....

Also likin'
Sugar - Come Around
Lupine Howl - Vapourizer (3d Mix) + Get Inside Me

Havent enjoyed

British Sea Power or The Rapture much at all which is weird, as i thought i would. Dead Meadow are excellent tho. If only it was the Soprano, she shits me.

Rocket, I would whack it on but it doesnt fit too good. Ill email it too ya instead. I need to cut down the 36 minute Magic Dirt track tho. My mdeitation Mantra track

Boomer - Cheers for the link brother.

Yeah!

"If all else fails, X equals 8" Alex P Keaton

Edited by - crozarey on 05/07/2005 10:36:56 PM
Go to Top of Page

crozarey
Son of Swervedriver

Australia
2583 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2005 :  06:25:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
shit 2 in a row, on separate days.

Today

Iron And Wine - The Trapeze Swinger
makes me want to sing, but i dont know the words :( and this place is full of glass, so thats a good thing prolly

Go to Top of Page

hayseed
Driving Instructor

USA
764 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2005 :  07:32:01 AM  Show Profile  Visit hayseed's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Apply Some Pressure - Maximo Park

If life is but a dream, wake me.

Go to Top of Page

rocket

USA
3545 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2005 :  07:35:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Thanks Zedhead - I get it now. kinda weird - but, it does seem like you could stumble into some good music...

Ummmm Today...
Autolux - "Plantlife"
off - Future Perfect

s_w__e___r____v_____e______d_______r________i_________v___________e_____________r

Go to Top of Page

stranger on a train
Passenger

52 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2005 :  09:28:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morphine - lets take a trip

Just got back from the Kentucky Derby. It was awsome. My 4 year old daughter picked an exacta and a winner. She picks horses by their names. I picked nothing but loser by using my wits. Tells you where the world stands in regards to brains I guess. I listened to nothing but bad bar music for days on end. Although I did get to see Patty Labelle in some black tie affair. She can sing. Not my brand of music though. Also a weird kentucky local jug band played in the lobby of my hotel every morning. They all had pedal steel type guitars and wahboards and pans w/ a broom handle as a stand up bass. They were interesting to say the least. My daughter liked to dance around the lobby as they played, so I was able to give em a good listen. I also got to see Nelly (whoever he is) some rapper guy. OJ Simpson was there. Kind of surreal. Glad to be home.
Go to Top of Page

drmcd
Assistant Driver

USA
365 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2005 :  3:17:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Bubbling Up - SWD

I don't think I ever never knew what "warm & fuzzy" meant until I heard this song...
Go to Top of Page

Zedhead
Assistant Driver

USA
112 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2005 :  4:37:47 PM  Show Profile  Send Zedhead an AOL message  Reply with Quote
These new Toshack downloads made my day.

A couple of months ago I gave two of my friends some Swervie to check out and see if I could open them up to the magic we all know. Well today one told me he listens to the copy of 99th dream I gave him when he's thinking about me, which I think is a good thing? And the other friend told me he only listens to the Swervie mix I gave him when he's cleaning his room. Strange.

"That boy sure does like his whammy bar..."
Go to Top of Page

crozarey
Son of Swervedriver

Australia
2583 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2005 :  12:52:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
wow, Harlem, on the toshack site radio....i love hearing slow german dialogue it seems. Explains my love for Not From There also.

That radio is impressive!

Also have been enjoying Peopleperson this arvo.

Go to Top of Page

Derek Pistoll
Assistant Driver

Niue
199 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2005 :  05:15:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The most recent TurboNegro album is hilarious!
Go to Top of Page

interloper
Son of Swervedriver

USA
3330 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2005 :  05:35:10 AM  Show Profile  Send interloper a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Oasis - Mucky Fingers

Go to Top of Page

MattW
Assistant Driver

USA
136 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2005 :  07:25:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The Black Keys - Rubber Factory album is worth picking up.

Also digging the Volcano Trash live version today. Where did the buried acoustic guitar track come from?
Go to Top of Page

rocket

USA
3545 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2005 :  08:14:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Today...
Minus the Bear - "Pony Up!"
off - They Make Beer Commercials Like This

Go to Top of Page

Madina
Swervelette

USA
21 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2005 :  12:47:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by crozarey

Ive been listening to Brooks' stuff he sent me. Off it my fav track is:
LCD Soundsystem - Yeah (pretentious Mix) I guess its called that coz its looooong. It doesnt sound much like the Crass Mix at all which is a good thing. This is an instrumental which i have a habit of liking.....might need a Fav Intrumental Thread soon....

Yep..I played the Crass Mix ONCE at a DJ gig and it didn't go over too well. Being pretentious is better than being crass I see.

Madina

www.kexp.org This might be the best radio station on the planet :)
Go to Top of Page

rocket

USA
3545 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2005 :  12:53:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

I've got a whole list of my favorite instrumentals that are just waiting for the day I put them together on a mix -
could probably make 3 or 4 CD's out of 'em...

Go to Top of Page

tuomas
Swervelette

Finland
32 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2005 :  10:29:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit tuomas's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Still waiting 7 weeks now for my Riddle Of Steel t-shirt, fuckin hell.

Where did you ordered the t-shirt? If it's straight from the "Riddle of Steelians" then the design of the shirt might just be made by yours-truly (a black t-shirt with yellow tenet-style-skeleton-and-king print on it)... I got my own shirt after... phew... waiting for couple of months, so I'm sure it's on it's way soon.

But enough off-topicin, here's my picks for today.

Roma 79 - Disposed To Violate
Impish - The Call
Lyca Sleep - Sold Me A Ride
Ride - Hit Me Like A Train (live version from 1989)

Every day, Rock'n'Roll is saving my Life
Go to Top of Page

crozarey
Son of Swervedriver

Australia
2583 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2005 :  02:09:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
it turned up tuomas! Its got a blue swooping eagle on it and its wicked! But how did you come to be designing stuff for them? Do tell.

today, man im so stuck on Ambulance Ltd,
track 6 Stay Where You Are, especially the 2 minute intro. You dont get that off the website.

Go to Top of Page

interloper
Son of Swervedriver

USA
3330 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2005 :  05:32:57 AM  Show Profile  Send interloper a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
The Motel Beds - Trunk Style

Fantastic local band...

http://www.themotelbeds.com/media.html

Go to Top of Page

jamesg

USA
1261 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2005 :  06:44:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'll have to download some of that in a few minutes 'loper.

This morning my work computer is rockin:

Moonmaan - Light of the Moon

www.moonmaan.com I think its still up for download. Makes me realize how much I miss Afghan Whigs. :(
Go to Top of Page

rocket

USA
3545 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2005 :  07:17:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

sweet Interloper - I didn't realize they had a page with downloads.

Go to Top of Page

jamesg

USA
1261 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2005 :  08:21:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the link interloper. I'm liking what I've heard so far, listened to the sessions and halfway through the EP now.
Is it just me that can only get to the news section on the site? Do I need a plugin or something?
Go to Top of Page

Derek Pistoll
Assistant Driver

Niue
199 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2005 :  10:40:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
"She Blinded Me with Science"
Go to Top of Page

rocket

USA
3545 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2005 :  11:03:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Today...
Sonic Youth - "Pattern Recognition"
off - sonic nurse

Go to Top of Page

interloper
Son of Swervedriver

USA
3330 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2005 :  3:13:15 PM  Show Profile  Send interloper a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jamesg

Thanks for the link interloper. I'm liking what I've heard so far, listened to the sessions and halfway through the EP now.
Is it just me that can only get to the news section on the site? Do I need a plugin or something?

No it's not you. The site needs some tweaking.

http://www.themotelbeds.com/
http://www.themotelbeds.com/forum

etc.

The hot thing is that they've just resigned to giving their stuff away. I love that. We started basic tracks last night for the lp. Should be amazing, after all, they're an amazing sounding band, so over half my work is already done. The song Systematic Destruxx on that page is flat out incredible. Oh, and if it helps at all, the drummers favorite band is Swervedriver. We're working on getting the rest of them as obsessed.

Edited by - interloper on 05/11/2005 3:17:19 PM
Go to Top of Page

crozarey
Son of Swervedriver

Australia
2583 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2005 :  06:17:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Regurgitator - Kong Foo Sing

Go to Top of Page

marvinparand
Passenger

61 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2005 :  06:37:54 AM  Show Profile  Visit marvinparand's Homepage  Reply with Quote
i've been listening to this band Apse for the past couple days...

www.apsemusic.com
Go to Top of Page

rocket

USA
3545 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2005 :  07:46:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Interloper - I really like all of those motel bed songs - you'll have to thank them for putting their tunes "out there".
and I WILL be buying the EP when you are finished with it.

Today...
Catherine Wheel - "Heal"
off - Happy Days

Go to Top of Page

stranger on a train
Passenger

52 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2005 :  07:55:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
She wolf after the war - Throwing Muses.
Go to Top of Page

Derek Pistoll
Assistant Driver

Niue
199 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2005 :  08:06:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ha! The Motel Beds is a good name!

System of a Down - BYOB

"If I could patent 'being real', I think I could own that." -Tupac Shakur
Go to Top of Page

hayseed
Driving Instructor

USA
764 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2005 :  08:08:01 AM  Show Profile  Visit hayseed's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Strange Eyes - Year Of The Rabbit

Still cant see why this band didnt do better.

Go to Top of Page

rocket

USA
3545 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2005 :  08:26:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
did they not do well Hayseed? I figured they were doing great - everyone here knows about them and Failure...
their sound is perfect!

did they break up or something?

now I wish I had that CD with me here today...

Edited by - rocket on 05/12/2005 08:28:30 AM
Go to Top of Page

hayseed
Driving Instructor

USA
764 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2005 :  08:29:04 AM  Show Profile  Visit hayseed's Homepage  Reply with Quote
indefinite hiatus. Ken Andrews posted that on his website a while back and has stated in interviews that YOTR didnt do well and were dropped from Electra.

Go to Top of Page

rocket

USA
3545 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2005 :  09:18:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

fuck

Go to Top of Page

MattW
Assistant Driver

USA
136 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2005 :  09:23:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
BRMC - In like the Rose

As far as modern rock, these guys are America's best British band.

(Do you think Swervedriver is the UK's best American band? Nah, there's a little American rock in them, but. . . .nah)
Go to Top of Page

hayseed
Driving Instructor

USA
764 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2005 :  09:34:49 AM  Show Profile  Visit hayseed's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Damn. Might have to change mine for today. I forgot how awesome Stars by Hum was/is/will always be.

Go to Top of Page

boomer0127
Petroleum Spirit

USA
1443 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2005 :  10:39:40 AM  Show Profile  Visit boomer0127's Homepage  Send boomer0127 an AOL message  Send boomer0127 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by hayseed

Damn. Might have to change mine for today. I forgot how awesome Stars by Hum was/is/will always be.

Okay fine. I guess I'll find another "classic" track to put on my next Burnies. I was hoping it was a song that folks hadn't heard in a while.

grumble. This next Burnies edition is taking alot longer than I hoped to put together. I'm two songs away now. This happened to me last time with Slint's "Nosferatu Man". Just a minor setback. <sigh>

I know, all I do is complain. But I heard an AMAZING set on the 'Pod this morning. I'm beginning to love it when the trains get delayed. From memory:

"Knee Deep and Down" - The Rain Band
"The New Sunrise" - The Joy Circuit
"Soon" - My Bloody Valentine
"Research Man" - Bird3
"Last Train to Satansville" - SWD
"Inkwell" - Aerogramme
"Vulcanella" - Magic Dirt
"She Will" - Mary My Hope
"Scrawl and Scream" - SWD

I may have missed one or two, it took me about and hour to get in.

Most of these are from your Burnies. Thanks guys (and gal)! You rock!

http://boomer0127.googlepages.com/home
http://www.last.fm/user/boomer0127
Go to Top of Page

hayseed
Driving Instructor

USA
764 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2005 :  11:20:38 AM  Show Profile  Visit hayseed's Homepage  Reply with Quote
boom,

I got some goodies coming for the next WAB. Some stuff most of us havent heard in years but will instantly remember.

Go to Top of Page

interloper
Son of Swervedriver

USA
3330 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2005 :  11:50:51 AM  Show Profile  Send interloper a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
i
quote:
Originally posted by rocket

Interloper - I really like all of those motel bed songs - you'll have to thank them for putting their tunes "out there".
and I WILL be buying the EP when you are finished with it.

Today...
Catherine Wheel - "Heal"
off - Happy Days

It'll be a full LP for sure, and knowing them, they'll have it up for free. I'll keep ya posted.

Go to Top of Page

marvinparand
Passenger

61 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2005 :  2:24:58 PM  Show Profile  Visit marvinparand's Homepage  Reply with Quote
the one song i listened to by the motel beds was HOTT
Go to Top of Page

rocket

USA
3545 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2005 :  3:11:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

get 'em all starvin marvin!

you can make a whole 12 track cd out of all those downloads

Go to Top of Page

rocket

USA
3545 Posts

Posted - 05/13/2005 :  07:34:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

It's been raining for about 14 hours straight here:
Today...
Highspire is so perfect!

Go to Top of Page

rocket

USA
3545 Posts

Posted - 05/13/2005 :  09:08:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

...followed by Chapterhouse....

Go to Top of Page

stranger on a train
Passenger

52 Posts

Posted - 05/13/2005 :  09:22:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Molina by Grabass Charlestons. Not bad

http://www.grabasscharlestons.com/

song is on website
Go to Top of Page

rocket

USA
3545 Posts

Posted - 05/13/2005 :  11:38:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

...followed by the Church (forget yourself)...

i can't say enough great things about this album!

Go to Top of Page

boob
Passenger

55 Posts

Posted - 05/13/2005 :  12:45:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
alcorokic - off the new hater "the 2nd"
only been waiting for this one for 11years.
worth it though.
Go to Top of Page

rocket

USA
3545 Posts

Posted - 05/13/2005 :  1:50:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

...followed by the Doves limited edition bonus disk that came out with the Last Broadcast...

...followed by the Engineers - Folly...

Go to Top of Page

interloper
Son of Swervedriver

USA
3330 Posts

Posted - 05/13/2005 :  3:44:53 PM  Show Profile  Send interloper a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
The Link Wray show last night was FUCKING FANTASTIC.

Today
Humble Pie...I don't need no doctor

Go to Top of Page

rocket

USA
3545 Posts

Posted - 05/13/2005 :  10:10:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

...then some elbow - (cast of thousands)...

...then to finally bring me out of sedation on my drive home from work Terra Diablo...

...and right this moment - I am finally being blown away listening to Ambulance Ltd. for the first time!

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 149 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Swervedriver Discussion Forums © swervedriver Go To Top Of Page
thispagewasswervedrivenin0.27seconds. Snitz Forums 2000