Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author  Topic Next Topic
Page: of 149

interloper
Son of Swervedriver

USA
3331 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2005 :  05:09:18 AM  Show Profile  Send interloper a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
The Cows - Sexy Pee Story

Go to Top of Page

Brooks
Assistant Driver

USA
452 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2005 :  06:09:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
British Sea Power - it ended on an oily stage

I can't wait for their new album to come out! Loved the last one.

Rocket, one of my friends is really pushing Arcade Fire on me lately. I haven't had a chance to hear them yet, hopefuly soon though.

Consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds.
Go to Top of Page

james
Assistant Driver

194 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2005 :  07:22:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
speaking of bands who sound like other bands, the futureheads sound just like the jam to me. i don't mind cause i love the jam, but still, it's depressing, you live long enough and it all comes round again - old age.

somehow, someday - ryan adams
anthem for a seventeen yr old girl - bss
been listening to dinosaur jr again since the news - you're living all over me then bug (squarely against the argument that bug is better) love em all really for different reasons.
Go to Top of Page

rocket

USA
3545 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2005 :  07:36:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Check into 'em Brooks - I've really been diggin' it.

Futureheads - I've got just a few of their mp3's - they have hooked me enough to want the album - seems like it kicks some ass.

Today...
B-52's - "52 Girls"
a friend loaned the "time capsule" disk to me - I've been diggin' on the older tunes but, didn't really like the later stuff they did... I used to have their first one on vinyl - I wonder what happened to it....

s_w__e___r____v_____e______d_______r________i_________v___________e_____________r

www.myspace.com/blueshiftkc

http://blueshift-kc.bandcamp.com/
Go to Top of Page

hayseed
Driving Instructor

USA
765 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2005 :  07:51:59 AM  Show Profile  Visit hayseed's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Still on the Alice in Chains gig:

We Die Young - AIC
Sea of Sorrow - AIC

If life is but a dream, wake me.

Go to Top of Page

dingram
Swervelette

USA
33 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2005 :  08:30:05 AM  Show Profile  Visit dingram's Homepage  Reply with Quote
My two-and-a-half-year-old boy, sam, is currently stuck on Hash Pipe by weezer and One-by-one by the shins. He calls hash pipe the "wrestlers song" (because of the sumo video) and dances around the house imitating the sumo wrestlers. In the car, he listens to the shins song over and over and over and over again. I will occasionally try to slip something in there...but he is at that age of fixation.

My wife has her ears permanently glued to her i-pod - making me an i-pod widower. I'm embarrassed to say what she is listening to...but last night I heard her singing along to hamilton, joe frank and reynolds...and this morning to ELO.

As for me - driving to work this morning it was blowin' cool (my son wasn't with me). Nobody writes better songs for driving fast and listening loud.

I'm off to Tunisia in a week - I may have to buy an i-pod myself just to get through the lengthy trip.

that was now, this is then
Go to Top of Page

boomer0127
Petroleum Spirit

USA
1443 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2005 :  08:40:01 AM  Show Profile  Visit boomer0127's Homepage  Send boomer0127 an AOL message  Send boomer0127 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
those "hash pipe" lyrics are the bomb. Hope he doesn't figure it out too soon...

I heard Blowin' Cool on my iPod during my train ride this morning. I now always think of a dream that one swervie on this board had about that song where he was in a guitar shop, playing the intro bass line and someone else joining in. Would have made a great video...

http://boomer0127.googlepages.com/home
http://www.last.fm/user/boomer0127
Go to Top of Page

rocket

USA
3545 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2005 :  08:58:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ha Ha - I have a 2.5 year old too.
He loves most of what I play - but, he always wants me to change the lyrics and sing along about dinosaurs and crocadiles!
(I should have never started that one!)

s_w__e___r____v_____e______d_______r________i_________v___________e_____________r

Edited by - rocket on 03/24/2005 10:02:28 AM
Go to Top of Page

interloper
Son of Swervedriver

USA
3331 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2005 :  09:32:29 AM  Show Profile  Send interloper a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Rocket...52 Girls rules...That whole first B-52's record is incredible me thinks.

Go to Top of Page

boomer0127
Petroleum Spirit

USA
1443 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2005 :  09:53:38 AM  Show Profile  Visit boomer0127's Homepage  Send boomer0127 an AOL message  Send boomer0127 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
My 4 year old son loooves the ocean at the end of Duel. "I wanna hear you've been away for sooo long, daddy!"

He'll sing it at school. The wife just doesn't understand...

'loper - check your email

Edited by - boomer0127 on 03/24/2005 09:55:47 AM
Go to Top of Page

james
Assistant Driver

194 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2005 :  10:04:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hey the new spongebob soundtrack is pretty good for kids and parents like us

includes:
wilco
shins
flaming lips
motorhead - my son's fave
dee snyder?
electrocute which is mine & my daughter's fave, but fair parental warning on the actual electrocute really dark slightly erotic CD!!! It's not that great either, but ok I guess for electonic. Fun is a floppy bitch, tales of ordinary sadness, a bit darker than the spongebob. they sort of remind me of a band from the late 70s early 80s called the bush tetras. Best part is watching all the suburban girlies singing along to electrucute and their parents are like, that's so cute... my daughter is the only one who really knows...

They also love the b-52s. 52 girls is great fun for riots in the house. anyway too much web surfing today. my day off and no one is here... woo hoo... a nice break. now back to work...
Go to Top of Page

interloper
Son of Swervedriver

USA
3331 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2005 :  3:26:19 PM  Show Profile  Send interloper a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Clinic - Walking with Thee.

I've been kinda diggin this one lately since a friend hipped me to them. Im very interested in hearing the rest of the recent LP. I can't resist loving the fact that they were surgeon outfits and you can never see their faces. Anyone heard this band?

Go to Top of Page

rocket

USA
3545 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2005 :  6:59:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

that's cool Lope - I've had Clinic - "Walking With Thee" on my want list for some time now. Believe it or not - I got it from some article that compared them to Radiohead? ...still haven't bought it though - there's so much on the list!

Go to Top of Page

rocket

USA
3545 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2005 :  8:07:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey james - check it out. I looked up the Futureheads tunes that I have:
"Decent Days and Nights"
and "Man Ray"
Both rock!
I'll tell ya what - I hear a bit of the the Jam in "Decent..."
but "Man Ray" really reminds me of early XTC!!! If you haven't ever listened to their early jams try: XTC - Beeswax, Waxworks, and Go 2.
You'll love 'em.

Edited by - rocket on 03/24/2005 8:13:52 PM
Go to Top of Page

crozarey
Son of Swervedriver

Australia
2583 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2005 :  9:04:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Im digging on Juggernaught Arrived - Im really liking these tracks:

Over
Soundtrack.
Last Train.
Duress
A Change Is Gonna Come
The second newy (cd is in the car and doing this from memory....

Not so keen on the newy that everyones hanging for yet, but have only listened through them twice.

But my Favourite tune today has been

Secret Machines - Sad and Lonely plus First Wave Intact

When they fire up they are fan tastic. Check out Now Here Is Nowhere if you can.

Im off to go surfing and fishing for easter, got a bottle of Stolli and a case of Boags on ice and a leg of lamb marinating in indian yogurt to make it a sacreligious Great Friday.

Have a good one Swervies!

"If all else fails, X equals 8" Alex P Keaton
Go to Top of Page

drmcd
Assistant Driver

USA
365 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2005 :  2:49:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

"Space Child" - UFO, from "Phenomenon"

Not really in Adam's range, but it would be fun to hear this with Schenker's bordering-on-gratuitous solo replaced with SWD style...

My last band used to cover this too - it was super fun to play!
Go to Top of Page

Brooks
Assistant Driver

USA
452 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2005 :  2:56:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good call drmcd!I used to be really into UFO back in high school. I still break out "Strangers In The Night," on occasion! Unfortunately everything else I had by them was on cassette and long gone!

Go to Top of Page

james
Assistant Driver

194 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2005 :  06:50:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Rainer Maria seem to get written off as sissy emo music or something, but i don't know that self-titled ep is pretty rocking at times. i really like the guitarist he's a nut on stage.

made in secret is my fave.

croz recently mentioned sabbath and the best of we have wound up in the car yesterday.
it's all the cliche ones for me i'm afraid... war pigs, paranoid, nib, wizard, iron man, sabbath bloody sabbath

Go to Top of Page

moenkopi46_2
Driving Instructor

USA
984 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2005 :  08:59:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
"Man in the Box" - Maynard in Chains
(Maynard recently performed w/ AIC at a benefit in Seattle. Fucking great! It's on EZtorrent right now for anyone interested.)
Go to Top of Page

hayseed
Driving Instructor

USA
765 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2005 :  10:58:51 AM  Show Profile  Visit hayseed's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Moen,

That does sound awesome. I need to hear that version.

Today its: Panama City Hotel - Sugar (Bob Mould fucking rules!)

Go to Top of Page

moenkopi46_2
Driving Instructor

USA
984 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2005 :  3:52:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MattW

At least tonight I can drink some normal colored beer and watch the Mountaineers in the NCAA tournament.

West Virginia's been unbelievable. I wanna name a band "Pittsnogle for 3"
Go to Top of Page

moenkopi46_2
Driving Instructor

USA
984 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2005 :  4:21:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Whoops, spoke too soon. You'll have to cheer for Arizona now. How about "Salim for 3"
Go to Top of Page

crozarey
Son of Swervedriver

Australia
2583 Posts

Posted - 03/28/2005 :  01:14:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by moenkopi46_2

"Man in the Box" - Maynard in Chains
(Maynard recently performed w/ AIC at a benefit in Seattle. Fucking great! It's on EZtorrent right now for anyone interested.)

I loved Copper Blue Hayseed, what else do you recommend by them

This weekend was a chance to expose some greenhorns to Swervedriver. The boys liked it but the girls turned it off. How sad.

My fave today

Life Without Buildings - Sorrow

Go to Top of Page

interloper
Son of Swervedriver

USA
3331 Posts

Posted - 03/28/2005 :  06:11:57 AM  Show Profile  Send interloper a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Black Sabbath - the first six lp's

Go to Top of Page

crozarey
Son of Swervedriver

Australia
2583 Posts

Posted - 03/28/2005 :  10:48:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ween - Its gonna be a long night
off Quebec

Go to Top of Page

hayseed
Driving Instructor

USA
765 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2005 :  03:46:33 AM  Show Profile  Visit hayseed's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Croz,

Everyone claims that Copper Blue is their best but I really love Beaster and File Under Easy Listening.

Go to Top of Page

crozarey
Son of Swervedriver

Australia
2583 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2005 :  03:52:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thanks Hayseed, im on it.

Go to Top of Page

MattW
Assistant Driver

USA
136 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2005 :  06:10:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

West Virginia's been unbelievable. I wanna name a band "Pittsnogle for 3"

quote:

Whoops, spoke too soon. You'll have to cheer for Arizona now. How about "Salim for 3"

I still love my Mountaineers. I'm for UNC now because I picked them on my bracket and the winner gets $100. I decided against Arizona, now I'm thinking back to college or take a laborer job and forget about using my degree.

Jethro Tull - Teacher
Go to Top of Page

boomer0127
Petroleum Spirit

USA
1443 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2005 :  06:16:22 AM  Show Profile  Visit boomer0127's Homepage  Send boomer0127 an AOL message  Send boomer0127 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Today - "Maelstrom" and the Mustang Ford demo off Juggernaut.

okay - who am I kidding - "Over" and "Mars". too.

gotta love those quality b-sides!

Go to Top of Page

Brooks
Assistant Driver

USA
452 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2005 :  06:16:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Beaster is probably my favorite, followed by Copper Blue. Judas Cradle from Beaster is such a great song! It's one of those songs you HAVE to play at top volume. I think it's going to be stuck in my head for the rest of the day.

Go to Top of Page

rocket

USA
3545 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2005 :  10:31:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Today...
Him Kerosene - "Playing for a dead audience"
from chalksounds.com mp3 section! Go check it out!

Go to Top of Page

crozarey
Son of Swervedriver

Australia
2583 Posts

Posted - 03/30/2005 :  12:03:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
M83 - Run Into Flowers

The MBV of Electronic music

Go to Top of Page

boomer0127
Petroleum Spirit

USA
1443 Posts

Posted - 03/30/2005 :  07:22:54 AM  Show Profile  Visit boomer0127's Homepage  Send boomer0127 an AOL message  Send boomer0127 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
"Centro" by Album

I'm strangely attracted to this south of the border experimental rock 'n' rolla...

Song: http://www.delhotel.com/musica/lp/eurekason/mp3/02-centro.mp3

Vid: http://www.delhotel.com/musica/lp/eurekason/vid/Album_Centro_high.mov

Go to Top of Page

rocket

USA
3545 Posts

Posted - 03/30/2005 :  08:12:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Today...
more = Him Kerosene!!!
seriously - go check out www.chalksounds.com to download the 4 available mp3's
AND
get the tracks by The End Will Be Kicks while your at it!

so... the chalksounds site has Him Kerosene as "out of stock"
anybody know where else to find it?

Go to Top of Page

interloper
Son of Swervedriver

USA
3331 Posts

Posted - 03/30/2005 :  3:20:02 PM  Show Profile  Send interloper a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Up until 6PM it was Dirty Eyes by AC/DC

Now, Neon Lights Glow.

Again, guys, thanks so much. It's still ordered so I can have the actual copy, but I am drooling.

Go to Top of Page

james
Assistant Driver

194 Posts

Posted - 03/30/2005 :  9:24:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i admit I like copper blue then beaster but if my faded memory serves me right, before that I think it was bob mould's solo stuff. I use to listen to workbook and black sheets of rain quite often. going to rip those to my ipod it's been a while.

i can't believe how much i like ryan adam's heartbreaker and rock n roll cd this week. now there is some ego.
Go to Top of Page

crozarey
Son of Swervedriver

Australia
2583 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2005 :  02:59:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
so many people tell me about Ryan Adams (no thats not a cuss word Cletus) Im going to get some. Whats best james? Heartbreaker and Rock and Roll? Or something else.

Im into play #43 of Ambulance LTD's "LP" - and mighty fine record, with no filler. Some really good changeups and style variants. "Anecdote" is my country hick favourite this time round but they are all good.

Go to Top of Page

rocket

USA
3545 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2005 :  07:18:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

my wife likes Ryan Adams - so, sometimes I have to listen. I prefer his first one - I like the instrumentation better.

today... I'm rockin' BIG school
Foo Fighters - Low
off - One by One
say what you will about these guys but, I can't help but love 'em. AND One By One is probably my favorite over all CD by these guys. Although my favorite song is probably still "Everlong".

Go to Top of Page

boomer0127
Petroleum Spirit

USA
1443 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2005 :  07:30:45 AM  Show Profile  Visit boomer0127's Homepage  Send boomer0127 an AOL message  Send boomer0127 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Rocket - have you seen the video for "Low"? Pretty crazy. That Dave Grohl is such a hoot, gosh darn it!

I agree on "Everlong".

Go to Top of Page

hayseed
Driving Instructor

USA
765 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2005 :  07:35:10 AM  Show Profile  Visit hayseed's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I want to go where the people go - The Wildhearts

Go to Top of Page

rocket

USA
3545 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2005 :  08:12:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

no boombox - I didn't realize that song was a single? Of course I don't really see videos since I don't have mtv 2 or anything. Grohl does crack me up though... I've actually had this CD for a while now but, it kind of got swamped under my radar because of all the other new things I've gotten like WAB CD's and other "new" bands that needed more listening attention. It hit the spot for me this morning though.

Go to Top of Page

drmcd
Assistant Driver

USA
365 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2005 :  10:21:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Sonic Youth: "Green Light", from EVOL

Cuz it's just that kinda day, you know?
Go to Top of Page

rocket

USA
3545 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2005 :  11:56:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Speaking of Sonic Youth - I finally ordered Sonic Nurse. I can't wait!

Go to Top of Page

Zedhead
Assistant Driver

USA
112 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2005 :  4:15:43 PM  Show Profile  Send Zedhead an AOL message  Reply with Quote
"Come Around" & "Tilted" - Sugar

"That boy sure does like his whammy bar..."
Go to Top of Page

Eugene
Petroleum Spirit

USA
1640 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2005 :  05:43:49 AM  Show Profile  Visit Eugene's Homepage  Click to see Eugene's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Planes Over the Skyline-SWD. Rockin' out with Juggernaut comp today. Got it yesterday.

www.eugenebenjamin.com

Edited by - Eugene on 04/01/2005 05:44:17 AM
Go to Top of Page

MattW
Assistant Driver

USA
136 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2005 :  09:07:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Dark Center of the Universe - Modest Mouse.

Downloaded a great version of it from the site that whitewatersky posted.
Go to Top of Page

drmcd
Assistant Driver

USA
365 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2005 :  10:32:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Sonic Nurse is cool... I haven't had a full-on listening session with it yet, even though it's been out for like a year, but first impressions were good. SY have been oscillating directions with each record since "Experimental...", and both Murray Street and Sonic Nurse show signs of that diminishing. With me, SY shares the dais with SWD for "If I Was Forced To Name A Favorite Band". And Kim Gordon is still a hottie

Go to Top of Page

Zedhead
Assistant Driver

USA
112 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2005 :  11:10:21 PM  Show Profile  Send Zedhead an AOL message  Reply with Quote
You'll Get to the Bottom of This - Idaho

Perfect for relaxing.

"That boy sure does like his whammy bar..."
Go to Top of Page

crozarey
Son of Swervedriver

Australia
2583 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2005 :  03:21:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The Church - You're Still Beautiful

From Gold Afternoon Fix. The first lp by them i was exposed to way back in '90. M A R V E you know the rest.

Go to Top of Page

hayseed
Driving Instructor

USA
765 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2005 :  07:20:18 AM  Show Profile  Visit hayseed's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The Pink G. R. ease - Pink Grease

Excellent party album. The lead singer reminds me of a mix between Mick Jagger and the lead singer from The Darkness. Interesting combo.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 149  Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Swervedriver Discussion Forums © swervedriver Go To Top Of Page
thispagewasswervedrivenin0.23seconds. Snitz Forums 2000