Posted - 04/16/2008 :  03:39:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
'secret for a song' - Mercury Rev

"Whatever happens your toes are still tappen"
Go to Top of Page

interloper
Son of Swervedriver

USA
3330 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2008 :  3:16:09 PM  Show Profile  Send interloper a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jeronimo

Hey Croz. Good tune there broheim!

Judas Priest-"Head(ing) Out To The Highway"

Heard this one today on my XM. Brought back good memories. Great album.Solid.Point Of Entry.Yeah.

Funny, I've been on a Priest kick lately. Get this, the rumor is that Priest, Motorhead and Heaven and Hell might be touring this Summer. Count me in. MOTORHEAD!!!

Go to Top of Page

Jeronimo
Son of Swervedriver

USA
2064 Posts

Posted - 04/17/2008 :  3:34:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sweeeet!

Whipsaws-"60 Watt" Alternative rockin' country from Alaska.

We ride the warp of space into the womb of night.
Go to Top of Page

interloper
Son of Swervedriver

USA
3330 Posts

Posted - 04/17/2008 :  5:06:04 PM  Show Profile  Send interloper a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Speaking of good memories, you guys have to see the Tad documentary. I must admit, it made me real nostalgic for 1990. Makes me realize how much better rock music was back then. Feels like it all turned into either soft rock, or pure clones of someone else's music. At least for me.

Tad - Stumblin Man

Edited by - interloper on 04/18/2008 03:49:45 AM
Go to Top of Page

Jeronimo
Son of Swervedriver

USA
2064 Posts

Posted - 04/19/2008 :  6:14:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
8 way santa

Go to Top of Page

interloper
Son of Swervedriver

USA
3330 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2008 :  10:20:00 AM  Show Profile  Send interloper a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

8 way santa

That LP rules.

Just got Point of Entry remaster. Woo hoo!

Go to Top of Page

darshun
Assistant Driver

USA
440 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2008 :  3:49:35 PM  Show Profile  Visit darshun's Homepage  Send darshun an AOL message  Click to see darshun's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
"An Ode to No One" by S. Pumpkins

My bootleg blog:
http://darshun.blogspot.com
http://el1011.com
Go to Top of Page

Jeronimo
Son of Swervedriver

USA
2064 Posts

Posted - 04/21/2008 :  08:29:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Peter Frampton- "Its a Plain Shame"

The Point of Entry remastered 8-track is the way to go.

Just scored Van Halen 1 on vinyl. One dollar!

Go to Top of Page

interloper
Son of Swervedriver

USA
3330 Posts

Posted - 04/21/2008 :  2:53:06 PM  Show Profile  Send interloper a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Peter Frampton- "Its a Plain Shame"

The Point of Entry remastered 8-track is the way to go.

That's a great one. I love how they took the time to keep the intrusive click right in the middle of Hot Rockin. Just like the good old days eh Mo?

Go to Top of Page

Jeronimo
Son of Swervedriver

USA
2064 Posts

Posted - 04/21/2008 :  3:10:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Seemed more like a "Ka-Chunk" than a click to me. I had some awesome 8-tracks. I remember people having an adapter so they could play casettes in their 8-track car stereos.

K-tel records. Anybody have any?

Go to Top of Page

Eugene
Petroleum Spirit

USA
1640 Posts

Posted - 04/21/2008 :  8:13:46 PM  Show Profile  Visit Eugene's Homepage  Click to see Eugene's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Jaymo....I think 8 track was a good bit before your time. No? As for KayTel...man, what a blast from the past. I actually don't have any, despite the good size of my vinyl collection...and my age : )

www.eugenebenjamin.com
Go to Top of Page

Jeronimo
Son of Swervedriver

USA
2064 Posts

Posted - 04/21/2008 :  8:19:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No Eugene, I had quite a few 8-tracks. I'm pern't near 40. Well,getting there anyway.Not even close to you of course.

Its crazy but I've heard that K-tel records are very collectable. I think I read that in Goldmine mag. No kidding.

Go to Top of Page

Eugene
Petroleum Spirit

USA
1640 Posts

Posted - 04/22/2008 :  08:05:03 AM  Show Profile  Visit Eugene's Homepage  Click to see Eugene's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Not even close to you of course.

Heh..Heh...yep, my nickname really should be Ol' Father Time...

today it's: Chambers Bros-Time Has Come Today

www.eugenebenjamin.com

Edited by - Eugene on 04/22/2008 08:06:16 AM
Go to Top of Page

Torc
Passenger

USA
69 Posts

Posted - 04/22/2008 :  3:02:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Chavez: "You Must Be Stopped"
Go to Top of Page

Jeronimo
Son of Swervedriver

USA
2064 Posts

Posted - 04/22/2008 :  6:09:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Witchcraft-"Hey Doctor" I really dig the guitar parts in this song.

Go to Top of Page

interloper
Son of Swervedriver

USA
3330 Posts

Posted - 04/23/2008 :  05:22:02 AM  Show Profile  Send interloper a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Witchcraft is good. I guess they're on Lollapalooza this year.

Minutemen - Little man with a gun in his hand

Go to Top of Page

Eugene
Petroleum Spirit

USA
1640 Posts

Posted - 04/24/2008 :  1:55:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit Eugene's Homepage  Click to see Eugene's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by interloper

quote:

Witchcraft is good. I guess they're on Lollapalooza this year.

Minutemen - Little man with a gun in his hand

Aaaah, Minutemen. Boy do I remember those guys. First time I heard/heard of 'em I saw them live. They opened for either REM or the dB's at Reynolds High School Auditorium in Winston-Salem. I think it was REM. I was side stage for that one for the show. All I remember is a sonic boom type sound with every song, louder than anything and this maniacal guy screaming into the mic, who turned out to be D.Boon. Then, he comes backstage and we chatted. Very mild mannered, sweet guy, who told me of his nice life in San Pedro CA. Totally different than his onstage persona. It must have been one of his last, if not the last gig of his life, 'cause he died 2 weeks later in a vehicle accident. Have to go give that track a listen, Loper...if I can find it!

www.eugenebenjamin.com
Go to Top of Page

interloper
Son of Swervedriver

USA
3330 Posts

Posted - 04/24/2008 :  2:48:23 PM  Show Profile  Send interloper a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
That's a killer story Gene. You rapped with D Boon! That's great. Still such a shame he's gone. I bet they would have just gotten better and better.

Check out a film if you can called We Jam Econo. It's a doc about them. A good watch.

Go to Top of Page

darshun
Assistant Driver

USA
440 Posts

Posted - 04/25/2008 :  06:17:58 AM  Show Profile  Visit darshun's Homepage  Send darshun an AOL message  Click to see darshun's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
"Dethklok Gets in Tune" by Dethklok

My bootleg blog:
Go to Top of Page

Jeronimo
Son of Swervedriver

USA
2064 Posts

Posted - 04/27/2008 :  06:47:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Theres a great film about the Minutemen. I'm impressed with the drummer.

Shooter Jennings-"Daddy's Farm"

Go to Top of Page

Torc
Passenger

USA
69 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2008 :  02:13:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Melvins - "Hooch"
Go to Top of Page

crozarey
Son of Swervedriver

Australia
2583 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2008 :  03:29:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The Underground Lovers - Now You Know
Cerulean - Stop Running
Steven Jesse Bernstein - More Noise

I reckon that if you were to get Geno drunk enough he could do a perfect SJB impersonation. Next time Gene! Tahoe perhaps.

"If all else fails, X equals 8" Alex P Keaton
Go to Top of Page

Jeronimo
Son of Swervedriver

USA
2064 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2008 :  05:49:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
LOL. I could see that happening Croz.

Reckless Kelly-"Drink Your Whiskey Down"

Go to Top of Page

interloper
Son of Swervedriver

USA
3330 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2008 :  07:12:16 AM  Show Profile  Send interloper a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Torc

Melvins - "Hooch"

Yes. The new Melvins by the way, is at least for me, a million times better than Senile Animal.

Go to Top of Page

Torc
Passenger

USA
69 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2008 :  12:37:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

Melvins - "Hooch"

Yes. The new Melvins by the way, is at least for me, a million times better than Senile Animal.

Really? I dug Animal, so I'm really interested to hear it. The release date is July 8th - how'd you hear it?
Go to Top of Page

darshun
Assistant Driver

USA
440 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2008 :  10:36:46 PM  Show Profile  Visit darshun's Homepage  Send darshun an AOL message  Click to see darshun's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
"Pacific 231" by Burning Airlines

My bootleg blog:
Go to Top of Page

interloper
Son of Swervedriver

USA
3330 Posts

Posted - 04/29/2008 :  05:19:16 AM  Show Profile  Send interloper a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

quote:

Melvins - "Hooch"

Really? I dug Animal, so I'm really interested to hear it. The release date is July 8th - how'd you hear it?

Oh you know...sometimes these things are just out there floating in the breeze. You just gotta know where to grab.

Yeah, I wasn't the biggest fan of Senile. To me it sounded like the whole LP was written in about fifteen minutes. Nude with Boots completely smokes it in my opinion.

Go to Top of Page

darshun
Assistant Driver

USA
440 Posts

Posted - 04/29/2008 :  07:58:52 AM  Show Profile  Visit darshun's Homepage  Send darshun an AOL message  Click to see darshun's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
"Xerces" by Deftones

My bootleg blog:
Go to Top of Page

Eugene
Petroleum Spirit

USA
1640 Posts

Posted - 04/29/2008 :  09:07:35 AM  Show Profile  Visit Eugene's Homepage  Click to see Eugene's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Does anybody here have the track "She's Beside Herself"? It's on the RaveDown EP. I don't believe I have it, unless JamesG or Loper sent it before. Please, please???

www.eugenebenjamin.com
Go to Top of Page

Torc
Passenger

USA
69 Posts

Posted - 04/29/2008 :  11:20:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Oh you know...sometimes these things are just out there floating in the breeze. You just gotta know where to grab.

Yeah, I wasn't the biggest fan of Senile. To me it sounded like the whole LP was written in about fifteen minutes. Nude with Boots completely smokes it in my opinion.

I can understand that. Seeing the double drummer setup live is what sold me on the songs though. I'll definitely check it out, and can't wait for them to tour with this album.
Go to Top of Page

interloper
Son of Swervedriver

USA
3330 Posts

Posted - 04/29/2008 :  1:46:00 PM  Show Profile  Send interloper a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

I can understand that. Seeing the double drummer setup live is what sold me on the songs though. I'll definitely check it out, and can't wait for them to tour with this album.

Yeah, I saw em last year, forgot my earplugs, and seriously almost threw up. For me though, nothing surpasses pre-1992 Melvins. Eggnog and Lysol are still the best. I wish they'd get weird like that again.

Go to Top of Page

Jeronimo
Son of Swervedriver

USA
2064 Posts

Posted - 04/30/2008 :  03:16:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Chris Knight-"Framed"

Go to Top of Page

darshun
Assistant Driver

USA
440 Posts

Posted - 04/30/2008 :  06:54:51 AM  Show Profile  Visit darshun's Homepage  Send darshun an AOL message  Click to see darshun's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
"Trainwreck 2" By Houston

My bootleg blog:
Go to Top of Page

Jeronimo
Son of Swervedriver

USA
2064 Posts

Posted - 04/30/2008 :  4:02:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Swervedriver-"Scrawl And Scream"

Go to Top of Page

Eugene
Petroleum Spirit

USA
1640 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2008 :  07:12:20 AM  Show Profile  Visit Eugene's Homepage  Click to see Eugene's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Jeremy Enigk-Canons

www.eugenebenjamin.com
Go to Top of Page

Torc
Passenger

USA
69 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2008 :  3:39:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Yeah, I saw em last year, forgot my earplugs, and seriously almost threw up. For me though, nothing surpasses pre-1992 Melvins. Eggnog and Lysol are still the best. I wish they'd get weird like that again.

Aw man, it's too bad you aren't local. Last year they played two nights at Slim's - the first night was Houdini, and the second was Eggnog and Lysol.

Anyway, song of the day for me: Treepeople - "Funnelhead"
Go to Top of Page

interloper
Son of Swervedriver

USA
3330 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2008 :  5:04:45 PM  Show Profile  Send interloper a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

Aw man, it's too bad you aren't local. Last year they played two nights at Slim's - the first night was Houdini, and the second was Eggnog and Lysol.

I would have indeed lost my lunch over those shows. I still think Lysol is the Melvins masterpiece. And yes, I would love to be in SF. I love that town somethin awful.

Edited by - interloper on 05/01/2008 5:08:46 PM
Go to Top of Page

Jeronimo
Son of Swervedriver

USA
2064 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2008 :  03:40:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Scott H.Biram- "Truck Driver"

If anyone here is into one-man-bands, check this dude out.

Go to Top of Page

Pocon
Passenger

Canada
62 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2008 :  11:12:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Salvador Dream - One way ticket home
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4tam9jAkqwI br /

«One of Vancouver, Canada's most prolific and short lived bands. The produced only an EP and a debut album. They changed their name to namedropper and now are an instrumental progressive rock band. They are also the live band for rapper K-OS.»
Go to Top of Page

Eugene
Petroleum Spirit

USA
1640 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2008 :  8:31:22 PM  Show Profile  Visit Eugene's Homepage  Click to see Eugene's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Pocon

Salvador Dream - One way ticket home
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4tam9jAkqwI br /

«One of Vancouver, Canada's most prolific and short lived bands. The produced only an EP and a debut album. They changed their name to namedropper and now are an instrumental progressive rock band. They are also the live band for rapper K-OS.»

That is some kick-ass stuff. Heavy and melodic, and that bass line makes yer balls drag in the dirt. Excellent. Thanks, Pocon.

www.eugenebenjamin.com
Go to Top of Page

Jeronimo
Son of Swervedriver

USA
2064 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2008 :  03:31:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I like it too Pocon. Reminds me of King's X. Heavy,melodic,tight,three piece. Very good.

Go to Top of Page

Jeronimo
Son of Swervedriver

USA
2064 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2008 :  6:05:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Gov't Mule-"30 Days in The Hole"

Go to Top of Page

crozarey
Son of Swervedriver

Australia
2583 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2008 :  01:07:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Fruit Bats - Born In The 70s (and have grown up listening to Beatles)

Interesting Jmo.

"If all else fails, X equals 8" Alex P Keaton
Go to Top of Page

Jeronimo
Son of Swervedriver

USA
2064 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2008 :  05:24:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cool Croz. I was hoping you would find at least one song on that LP.

Here is a total blast from the past. I remember listening to this record when I was four years old. I guess my older brothers and sisters were kinda cool at times. Wish I still had this record.

The Blue Magoos-(We Ain't Got)Nothin'Yet

Used to be my favorite song.

Geez!! Right after I posted this(seconds later)I was sorting through some Deep Purple tunes. The song "Black Knight" has the same exact riff as that Blue Magoos song. This is freaky.

Edited by - Jeronimo on 05/05/2008 05:29:04 AM
Go to Top of Page

Eugene
Petroleum Spirit

USA
1640 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2008 :  09:31:46 AM  Show Profile  Visit Eugene's Homepage  Click to see Eugene's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:

Cool Croz. I was hoping you would find at least one song on that LP.

Here is a total blast from the past. I remember listening to this record when I was four years old. I guess my older brothers and sisters were kinda cool at times. Wish I still had this record.

The Blue Magoos-(We Ain't Got)Nothin'Yet

Used to be my favorite song.

Geez!! Right after I posted this(seconds later)I was sorting through some Deep Purple tunes. The song "Black Knight" has the same exact riff as that Blue Magoos song. This is freaky.

Jaymo, is that the same band as the Blues Magoos?? Must be..they were a 60's group, I used to love.

Today it's : Hush-Deep Purple.

Keep 'em comin, broheim.

www.eugenebenjamin.com
Go to Top of Page

interloper
Son of Swervedriver

USA
3330 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2008 :  4:19:10 PM  Show Profile  Send interloper a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Funny Blues Magoos came up. I've been rockin the Nuggets box sets all day.

Go to Top of Page

Jeronimo
Son of Swervedriver

USA
2064 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2008 :  6:12:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah. The Blue Magoos sounds better for a band name to me.Sorry for the mistake.

Another song that used to rock me was Frigid Pinks versoin of "House of The Rising Sun". I had a huge stack of 45's that I used to play over and over and of course I was "DJ Jeronimo coming at ya with my Snoopy Snow Cone Machine!"

Go to Top of Page

darshun
Assistant Driver

USA
440 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2008 :  11:49:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit darshun's Homepage  Send darshun an AOL message  Click to see darshun's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
"hold me up" by Year of the Rabbit

My bootleg blog:
Go to Top of Page

dclee
Passenger

USA
57 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2008 :  12:09:55 AM  Show Profile  Send dclee an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Superchunk - Cast Iron

no pocky for kitty, such a good album.
Go to Top of Page

darshun
Assistant Driver

USA
440 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2008 :  3:34:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit darshun's Homepage  Send darshun an AOL message  Click to see darshun's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
"Just a thought" By Gnarls Barkley

My bootleg blog:
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 149 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Swervedriver Discussion Forums © swervedriver Go To Top Of Page
thispagewasswervedrivenin0.23seconds. Snitz Forums 2000